Where Is This?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where Is This?

Hello, can someone please tell me where this is in relation to the piste map/ area? Saw this recent photo in the Arinsal photos section of this website, had the title of "Powder tracked first thing 11/02"

Many thanks.
    • That's a photo taken from the gondola looking out across towards the six-man chair from the Hotel Crest.

It's not a marked run but great off-piste, although if you don't know the area make sure you find somebody who does before attempting it because it can be dangerous and there's a river running down there under the snow so you need to know where to cross!
    • Steve wrote:

That's a photo taken from the gondola looking out across towards the six-man chair from the Hotel Crest.

It's not a marked run but great off-piste, although if you don't know the area make sure you find somebody who does before attempting it because it can be dangerous and there's a river running down there under the snow so you need to know where to cross!

Thanks Steve,
      I am keen to try some of the off piste that the area has to offer (conditions depending). I will try and pickup some local and see if they are willing to take me down.
      Is the run steep also, or is the challenging bit the river?
      thanks
    • It's a challenging run due to obstacles but not too steep, although it is a little in places. There's always the option of taking a private lesson, although you can only ski that run really when there has been good recent snow. Be careful of your equipment too because (i) if it's your own you'll be gutted or (ii) if it's rented you could be asked to pay for it.