Week of 24th march and snowboxx festival

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Week of 24th march and snowboxx festival

Hi guys, me and my friend have booked to come to Arinsal on 24th march for a week. We have subsequently realised this is the same week as the snowboxx festival, which we dont have tickets for. Are the slopes likely to be busier than usual this week and are there likely to be long queues for the lifts etc. Any information you can give would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy
    • Hi Andy

I wouldn't worry too much - I've just done an accommodation search for that week and most hotels still have rooms so the resort is by no means sold out, although they've sold 1000 tickets so whilst it will be busy it's not going to be as busy as the peak weeks.

I gather the idea of the week is more of a festival where you can go skiing rather than the other way around so they'll be lots of sore heads in the mornings which means lift queues shouldn't be too bad as people stagger their mornings.

What it does mean though is the apres ski for your week should be great as the bars will be full and the last festival Arinsal hosted the bars made a real effort with DJs out on the terraces in the afternoon to make a real party atmosphere.

Steve
    • Steve,

Thanks for the quick response, very much appreciated. Thats a relief.

Good point with the apres ski also, we went to bulgaria last year and altough it was lively the male accupancy outweighted the female by a massive margin....a total sausage fest :thumbdown: ! My friend likes his dance music etc so he will be pleased to hear there are some decent DJs playing in the bars and clubs.