Children Ski Lessons

• Children Ski Lessons

Hi Team
      . Firstly, many thanks for such a great website, very informative and helps me count down the days to my next visit! Quick question re ski school for children. There are two children in the party, one aged 7, the other aged 11. Both will have lessons at Milton Keynes prior took arriving( myy daughter, the 7 year old has ski'd in Arinsal a couple of years ago). They both want to be in the same ski lesson together, is this easy to arrange?

Thanks in advance..... Andy :)
    • Childrens Ski Lessons

Should be OK if they are both around the same level.
      When we were there in December there were 4 kids who were with Neilsons and another 2 who travelled independantly. Neilson ski lessons are at 12-3 and everyone else is 9-12 except for the first day. The 2 had been given a 9 am start.
      We spoke to the ski school directly and sorted out that all 6 were in the same class although I would say that this was the first week of the season and it wasn't too busy.
      We did try and sort out with Neilson before we travelled and with the reps in the resort but got no joy.
      Steve from arinsal.co.uk may have contact details for the ski school and may be able to help out as well.
    • Hi Andy

Glad you like our website!! :thumbsup:

Never normally a problem to get kids together in the same group, so long as they're around the same level, as John said.

When you meet on the Monday morning all the kids meet together at the top of the gondola, so just have a chat with the instructors in bright green jackets and they'll try their best to accommodate requests.

Steve
    • Ski lessons

We have booked through Neilson and wondered about the times for the lessons (2 child beginners, 1 adult beginener and 1 adult intermediate).

I have skied before (but not on such an organised basis!) but my wife and kids (10 & 6) haven't and would like to be in lessons all at the same time (the same lesson if practical).

My wife is worried about the kids being in a diferent class to her or them being split up.

Can you advise on safety and comfort for them.
    • Children Ski Lessons

Hi Jonno,

All the ski lessons for Neilson are at 12 except for the first day where they will be split. All other tour operators are at 9 in the morning. We found 12 was a better time as it gave us time to get the kids up have breakfast and get organised to go up the slopes. On the first day most of the time is taken up sorting out all the kit and 12 is a good time from this piont of view. After they have their first lesson you can go up earlier and practice.
      I wouldn't recommend your wife and the kids in the same class. The kids will not have the same fear as your wife and will progress much faster. We had six kids in ski school and 2 adult beginners. The kids were almost at the top of the mountain on their third day. The adults never made it! My wife who has skied for about 6 years couldn't keep up with the kids on the last day.
      Another great thing that they do in Arinsal is video the ski schools and play them back in the some of the bars in the evening. If you speak to the video guys on the slopes or in the bars they will dedicate more time to the groups your familly are in and will make up a dvd for you. It was great to see how the kids progressed over the week and they thoroughly enjoy watching themselves. Most of the bars around the base of the Gondola do this including El Cau, Quo Vadis, Ciscos and El Derby. Speak to them early on in the week once you know the names of your instructors.

Hope this helps

John
    • Children Ski Lessons

Sorry Jonno,

Forgot to mention all the classes meet at the same place and they all arrive back at the same place so they should always be able to find each other.

Arinsal on it's own is not a big ski area.

Best

John
    • Childrens Ski Lessons

JohnJaz, Steve

many thanks for the prompt replies and updates, much appreciated and reassuring to know.

Steve- I assume I can book these lessons through yourselfs?

See you on the 28th for part one of my ski season :thumbsup:
    • Children ski lessons

Hi Steve

Just looking to book lessons and passes etc via the website. Could you give me some advice please re the level I should put my daughter in for. She has skied before, plus she is at level 3 at Milton Keynes (controlled snowplough etc), would beginners be too basic? Should I enter into intermediate?

Thanks in advance for the help, see you on the 9th

Andy
    • Hi Andy :D

If she is not a complete beginner then book the intermediate class for her. On the first day the instructors will ask you about her experience and normally anyone above beginner level does a short run on the green slope so the instructors can see where they are at and put them with others of similar ability.

See you sooooooon :thumbsup: