Snow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi
      Booked to arrive in Arinsal on 19th December. 13 of us, 6 adults and 7 keds, kids have never skied before, neither have two of the adults and looking forward to it however been keeping an eye on the weather and the web cams and notice that there is no real snow in Arinsal. Do you think that there will be a dump of snow before we arrive. If not in Arinsal would ski lessons be moved to PAL where there does seem to be some snow from the snow cannons on the runs. Are the slopes open on christmas day?
      Is there any sleigh rides or the likes for the kids -Keeps the adults out of the bar!!!
    • Hi John

Still two weeks before you're arriving so plenty of time to change. You'll have to check who you've booked with for arrangements if there is limited snow, however if you've booked through us it's no problem to move over to the Pal school (or even Arcalis if you wanted).

There aren't any sleigh rides here, but plenty of other activities. So long as there's snow there's things like dog sledding and 'Arinsal by Night' which is a sledging event, but off the slopes there are quiz nights, trips to the capital city and trips to the spa. If there isn't much snow and you want things to do then pop in to our office directly opposite the gondola and we'll help you find activities.

Hope this helps!

Steve
    • snow please

Steve, I am coming out on the 2nd January but the snow is not looking great at the moment. I know historically that it tends to be better towards the end of the season but do you remember when it was last as thin as this in December & what the rest of the season was like? I have everything crossed at the mo for snow!
    • Hi there, me and three others are going to be out there on the 12th feb, the snow is looking ok at the moment, but was wondering if it tends to snow more into feb or is it likely to stay fairly similar as it is now. not an issue :) just interesting as i cant stop thinking about getting out there. Also how far away is arcalis? does it take long as it look nice up there, and would like to get some powder runs in :thumbsup:

Cheers