Ski school - which class?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ski school - which class?

Hi,
      I am visiting Arinsal at end of March with my 2 kids aged 10 and 11. I am going to book my equipment and ski-school through this site but just need advice about ski school. We all spent couple of days skiing in Pyrenees couple of years ago and at that point my husband decided skiing was not his thing so he won't be with us this trip. My 11yr old daughter has been skiing with school for 1 week last year although wind disrupted things for couple of days. My 10yr son was skiing confidently down a nursery slope and snow-ploughing to a halt at my feet after the 2 days in France but that is his only experience. For me, I had skied for 1 week 25years ago prior to our Pyrenees trip.
      So, I feel we are all beginners and from other posts in the forum, I think I will probably be an advanced beginner. I think my son will be a beginner too. I just would like a bit of advice on my 11yr old- would she be classed as intermediate or preferably for me, can I book her into beginner and if she is clearly more advanced then will the ski school move her into a different group during the week?
    • Hi

The school say that if you answer yes to any of the following questions you should go to beginners/advanced beginners:
      1. Have you practiced for less than one week?
      2. Do you have difficulty in linking snow plough turns confidently?
      3. Do you find it difficult to ski a blue run in control?

It really depends on ability rather than the length of time they have skied for, and you are correct that if they are too good or not good enough for the group they will be moved up or down.

I hope this helps.

Steve
    • we were told that if you go in the beginners you wont get of the magic carpet at all,if you have skied go for advanced beginners as you will have a couple of days on the magic carpet then you go up the mountain.We had only done chill factor lesons at home and were in advanced beginners.by end of week i was doing blues and reds with parrel turns and stops
      Paul
    • We've just come back and were in beginner's Snowboard lessons (Booked effortlessly through this site). We didn't go anywhere near the magic carpets until we did the night sledging! Learnt the basics away from the slopes on day 1, then it was straight onto the chair lift at the start of day 2. :)