Arinsal First Timers!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arinsal First Timers!!!

Hey Guys,

We are going to Arinsal this coming weekend (woohoo!!). Never been to Andorra before and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for us. We are going with Inghams.

We are having 5 days of lessons probably at adv. beg / intermediate level.

We wanted to know if it was worth trying all 3 areas on the lift pass (pal, arcalis, arinsal) and if there was time after the lessons to do so. Any and all tips/comments/advice needed!!!

Cheers in advance!!!!

jj
    • Hi JJ

Definately worth trying all three areas as they're included on the lift pass anyway. Inghams have their lessons in the morning slots so most days you'll be finished by 12:00 so plenty of time to get over to Pal as it's linked by a cable car.

On Saturday you'll be able to get the bus over the Arcalis - there's a free bus at 08:30 and 10:30, or there's a bus you can book through your rep for €12 which has a rep taking you over there so some people prefer to do that and be on an organised trip.

Steve

PS. It's dumping down with snow today!!! :thumbsup:
    • Cheers Steve,

All great information. I can't wait! Hopefully we'll get some powder when we get there.

Is the lift to Pal free or do we have pay every time we go over?

Do you know if the staff over there are are really strict about having leashes on the snowboards?

We are really looking froward to getting on the slopes! Do you have any essential tips?

jj
    • Your lift pass covers you for every lift in Vallnord so you can come and go to Pal as many times as you like!

As for leashes they aren't compulsory but you should definately have one for the safety of other people on the mountain. If your board gets away from you when you're putting it on it can cause some serious damage to someone lower down the slope, plus you could lose your snowboard!

If your group are intermediates then you'll really enjoy getting over to Pal - lots of tree lined runs and some great off piste in between runs.
    • Thanks again Steve!

Sorry to be a pain and ask so many questions!

We have been looking at the weather reports and they vary so much from site to site. Can you tell us what it is likely to be in the next few days? It is looking very warm 12C... is this correct? What kind of clothing should we bring for beg. March?

Cheers again, jj
    • Keep the questions coming, that's what the forum's for!

It's warmer than it has been but still cold, and nowhere near 12 degrees! I've been up this afternoon and was wearing a long sleeved roll neck, hoodie, and a warm jacket with a fleece and outer shell. I was just nicely warm!

The weather can change quite quickly so I'd bring plenty of layers so you can always pick and choose each day. There are day lockers at the top of the gondola which you can rent to leave clothes etc in.

The snow was lovely today but clouds coming in so not great light. Was skiing in powder to just below my knees in places.