First Choice Ski Hire

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First Choice Ski Hire

Hi Guys,

My family are thinking of booking a skiing holiday in Arinsal for Dec 09 and I was wondering what the ski hire entails.
      My Mum, Dad and brother will be getting the Learn to ski pack with basic skis, boots and poles and tuition/lift passes.
      The problem is that I have skied extensively and I am wondering how good the quality/value for money the First choice 'Superior' equipment is or whether I am better off renting ski's from another location. Can any of you help me out?

Lewis, Cambridge, UK
    • Depending on where you're staying, First Choice either use the same shop as Arinsal.co.uk, or the one next door, so the equipment would be the same.

If you book with Arinsal.co.uk you can choose to pick up your gear from any of the four St Moritz shops, plus you can pick it up the afternoon before your rental starts! The shop in the village is open until 19:00 on Sundays and from 08:00 on Monday morning, and the shop on the slopes until 17:00 on Sundays (get there by 16:00) and open from 08:00 on Mondays.
    • We hired our ski equipment through First Choice this year and it was excellent mind you we were all beginners. But i would not hesitate in recommending them for booking a ski holiday the reps in the village were excellent, where are you thinking of stopping?
    • Superior ski hire

Just wanted to add something to this thread regarding the different standards of ski hire. Lewis, after looking at the shop on this site I think the price you have quoted for ski hire from this shop relates to gold standard equipment?? In my experience (been to Arinsal twice in the last four years) superior equipment when booked via a tour operator is usually the silver level and not gold. Silver is perfectly adequate unless you are a pretty useful skiier, but just worth checking with your tour operator which level their "superior" equipment relates to as it seems there are 3 different levels of equipment in most of the shops. 8|
    • Sorry, I just assumed that it was for the gold as it was the same price.

The reason is that in January I had quite a bad experience with some Ski boots in Vars, France which the buckles literally fell off - and these were meant to be above average!

I'm not going to get what time I get my boots get in the way of a good christmas :)

Lewis