Ski School V Board School

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ski School V Board School

Booked with Crystal to come out mid February and we have booked ski school for three and board school for one of the kids. We are all competent ski/boarders, but were wondering how the courses work, as we haven't been to Arinsal before.

Do the courses run in tandem e.g. all Am or PM or is there a mixture of both 8) ?

Ideally we would like to ski/board as a family when not on the lessons.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :) .

Thanks

Kevin

p.s. Happy New Year to all
    • :thumbsup: Have just returned from Arinsal. Both my children had lessons in the ski school run by Crystal they run the schools in the mornings usually from 9.30am tilll 12.00 and add a couple of pm sessions so you get the full 15 hours per week. The ski schools are excellent and have excellent instructors. It might be worth having a word with your rep on the way from the airport to try and arrange your ski lessons together, think the snowboard lessons would be done separatly but would be the same time as the ski lessons. We also hired the equipment from Crystal and it was excellent the items were hired from the St Mortiz shop there is a shop in the village and one at the top oof the mountain incase there is a problem with any of the items you hire. Where are you stopping? Have a fantastic time, we did and are seriously thinking about going there again next year.
    • My suggestions

We have just got back (yesterday). We also booked with Crystal and almost everything worked out well, the coach transfer from Toulouse was awful though.
      On day 1 for ski school everyone sort of hangs around the gondola station at the top of the mountain and it is chaos but eventually someone comes out with a microphone and tells you where to go depending on your ability level.
      My suggestions for the week are
      1) Get to the bottom gondola before 9 when the rush starts.
      2) Get a locker at the top of the mountain (€54 for the week for a 4 person one).
      3) Collect your equipment early on day 1 to avoid the mad rush. Crystal were using Pic Negre which is on the first floor at the top of the stairs.
      4) Don't do the pub crawl - I felt so bad the following day :) .
      5) Buy a helmet. My wife and I did before I went and it saved a good few bumps and bruises.
      6) Prices are a little high because of the exchange rate. Used El Moli restaurant for lunch a few times and it was great.
      7) Ski school was great but the group sizes were quite high (15 in our group).

Rod