Arinsal : Gondola + lift durations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arinsal : Gondola + lift durations

Hi, I am looking at planning a trip to Arinsal in March. I dont know the Arinsal ski area and have no knowledge of the lift/gondola quality or how efficient it is.

Looking at a Piste map i see there is a gondola from Arinsal town up to the lower pistes at Comallempla. Then a variety of chair/drag lifts from there up the rest of the mountain.
      1. Can someone give me an idea of a typical Gondola queue and travel time in minutes to get from Arinsal viallage to Comallempla?
      2. Also, once at Comallempla how quick is it to get further up the mountain to say Bordes de Seturia or to Coll de la Botella?

Would appreciate any info or insights that people have on the gondola/lift infrastructure in the Arinsal area.

Thank you!
    • Hi Arowhon

The gondola queue in Arinsal is normally very short, if any, in March. There's occasionally a small queue first thing, but if there is it's normally not more than a few minutes.

The gondola ride up takes around six minutes.

Going across to Pal, take the Les Fonts chairlift up, which is around 3-4 minutes. After this you can ski to the Port Negre chair (around 1-2 minutes depending how fast you ski). This is quite a slow/old chairlift and takes around five minutes, or alternatively if you don't mind drag lifts take the El Coll button lift which comes out in roughly the same place but is quicker.

You can then take the cable car across to Pal and Coll de la Botella.

Here's a video showing the route:

Steve