Beginner ski school for different aged children

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beginner ski school for different aged children

Hi,
      I am travelling to Arinsal soon and have booked beginner ski lessons for my boys aged 10 years and 7 years. I think they would be happier being together in ski school. Is this likely or will they be grouped with children closer to their own age?
    • Beginner ski school for different ages children

I am also travelling to arinsal half term week with a 12 and 9 year old who are wishing to stay together in beginners. Further back in questions someone posted that as long as their ability continues to be the same they can stay together so hopefully that will be the case.
    • Hi Alidaz,

It all depends on how many children the ski school have on the relevant week. Because they are not too far apart age wise it should be possible for them to be together, you'd just need to ask when at the ski school meeting point. The final judgement would be down to the instructors though as they may the best call to make sure they get the most out of the lessons.

Thanks
      Ian
    • Thank you very much for your responses, Gail Ross and Ian. Much appreciated. I shall cross my fingers the instructors are sympathetic to my boys' wishes, but of course also trust their judgements on their ability. I'm sure they will have fun and maybe even make a new friend or two!
    • Not been half term before so expect it will be busier but ours have a 3 year gap and have been together each year based on ability(In some ways having a mixed age group helps the instructors as they can have younger ones helped the older ones on the lifts for example where you have to split across seats). When it's busier whether the same will ring true
    • Beginner ski school for different aged children

Thanks Jakehake. That's reassuring to know. I'm sure my lads will cope no matter what happens, but as I said earlier I believe they'd be happier together if poss. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.