Intermediate/Advanced Ski Hire

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intermediate/Advanced Ski Hire

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can provide me with a bit of information regarding ski hire.

I would say I'm an advanced intermediate, confident with carving, moguls, black runs etc, but certainly not an expert by any means.

Anyway, it will be our first time to Arinsal in March. Normally I take my own skis and boots however due to us booking the holiday independently it will work out more expensive to add a ski bag to our flight baggage than hiring for the week.

Can you advise if the ski hire shops supply higher level/quality equipment suitable for your ability? In past holidays I have noticed that the hire shops mainly cater to beginners? How is the standard/quality of the equipment generally?

I may also consider just taking my ski boots to ensure comfort. If this was the case can you simply hire the skis separately?

Thanks

Tricky
    • Hi :D

It is so expensive these days to add ski carriage to your flight and in lot's of cases it is cheaper or similiar priced( with less luggage to lump around) to rent.

The quality of equipment is good and depending what range you choose the shop stocks all different brands of skis. Head, Rossignol, Salomon, Dynastar etc
      Basically the higher level equipment you choose the newer it is and there's a wider range in that selection of skis with different technical uses. The lower level skis are the oldest in the shop that have passed down through the above ranges over the seasons.

If you're looking for a particular ski, perharps like yours at home let me know and next time I'm in the shop I'll ask if they have it and what range it's in.

You can of course book skis only. When you look at our equipment options you will see next to each one a tick box thats automatically ticked and says with boots. If you just untick this box it will recalculate the skis only price.

Hayley :)
    • Hi Hayley,

Thanks for the speedy reply. It's good to know there is a variety available.

I currently have Volkl Auras which are great and I find actually help to improve my technique. I've also hired a good pair of Aramdas before and find the higher level dynastar skiis pretty good.

As long as it's a fairly good standard all mountain carving ski I will be happy! Do you knows if the hire shops stock any of the above?

Thanks again