Child age to be able to ski?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Andy

There's no age limit as such, a lot depends on their development eg. how good their balance/coordination is, their strength, as well as if they actually enjoy it!

I've known parents with children as young as two get them on skis for the first time, although not really "going skiing" as an older child would, more like a taster in a play session.

In Arinsal there's the snow garden which serves as an introduction to skiing with the backup of the indoor and outdoor play areas, which is for children from four years. For younger children it's a creche service which is just indoor play. For a three-year old they could go to creche, then for an introduction to skiing a private lesson for an hour or two would let them try it out with a view to improving and trying more as they get older.

For group lessons the minimum age is six years.

I hope this answers your questions, however we'll email you with some extra information and price options tomorrow.

Steve
    • Steve,

I received the email and the information it contains is amazing. I've replied to Emma with our exact requirements so hopefully this will all be sorted in the coming days.

The help we have had through this forum is incredible and has given us a really good understanding of what we actually require.

I can't thank you enough.

Andy.
    • :thumbsup: For anybody who is using this forum for information, direction or just to gather a bit of knowledge I can honestly recommend that you contact these people if you've any query.

The help and assistance I've received is, nothing short of, AMAZING!!!!

Keep up the good work and thank you for all your help (especially Emma for helping us sort out and book our private lessons)

Roll on Dec 22nd and a fun packed Christmas with the kids and friends.