Beginner Lift Pass?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beginner Lift Pass?

Hi,

Me and 2 friends have booked a holiday to Arinsal coming out next Sunday, very excited. 2 of us have skied once before with school a few years back and not sure what we will remember, 1 has not skied before.

I had ordered what seemed like a very good value first time ski package for each of us through the tour operator which included ski/boot hire, lessons and ski pass. Even if our level turned out slightly above the lessons and we didnt take them all, it was still better value to take the pack.
      I then noticed on the website for the resort on the companys website that it said this package included only a beginner lift pass, where as the improver package included an area pass. As 2 of us have skied before we felt we didnt want to restrict ourselves to a beginner pass. As such I emailed the operator enquiring about the lift pass type and said we would prefer the full pass, which ended up in them cancelling the package without actually providing any more info on the lift passes. I did ring and wasnt much more enlightened.

Can somebody clarify does Arinsal have a beinners pass and what areas does it cover? What is the value of this individually? And can you upgrade part way through?

Individually booking the elements works out £100 more expensive with an area pass, which means we are now considering ditching the lessons altogether and trying to get a last minute private dry slope lesson, but dont want to dampen the experience of the first timer (we are all fairly sporty and quick learners). Obviously we have left it all a bit last minute!

Thanks for any help!
    • There is a beginners lift pass but it only covers the magic carpets, can only be purchased on a daily basis, and costs €15.50. It doesn't include the gondola, so to get up to the slopes you'd either have to drive, or buy a separate gondola pass, which is around €7.50.