Skiing in early Feb

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Skiing in early Feb

Hi,
      Great site by the way,
      I am looking to come to Arinsal 5th Feb 2012 for the week. Is this a good week for snow conditions? I know its impossible to predict but historically is it ok? This season seems to be a real late starter from what ive read. Im a novice snowboarder and this looks a great place for me and my son to get to grips with it !!
      Thanks, in advance. Rich
    • Hi Richy,

Thanks for your comment about the site :D

Yes this year has been a bit of a late starter, however traditionally February is an excellent month for snow conditions, it is generally the busiest month of the season and plenty going on around the resort as well. Arinsal is a great resort for beginners, plenty of easy slopes and an excellent ski / board school with lots of native British instructors. It is also a very compact ski resort therefore good for keeping an eye on the kids but you also have access to Pal and Arcalis if you want a bigger area to go at. The village is very family friendly and I'm sure you will have a great time if you decide to come :thumbsup:

Emma
    • Well, im all booked up for Feb 5th now :D
      Ive been checking the snow conditions for what seems like forever, not much in the way of new snow! :( Is this normal?
      Are the runs still ok? How long before i should start praying?
      Fingers crossed !!
      Looking forward to getting out there, just a bit worried about the lack of white stuff ! !
    • Hi Richy

The slopes are in good condition even though natural snow has been limited so far this season. They have been making enormous amounts of snow and the runs just keep improving. This being said, any additional praying and snow dancing would be much appreicated as we'd all love a big dump for February!

Steve