Last minute holiday

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Last minute holiday

Hi Steve

You helped me out with some Arinsal related questions around Xmas time when we came out there with Crystal- a package job. Thanks again for that.

Looking at the snow conditions (seems better than at Xmas!) i was thinking about booking a last minute week for the two of us, starting this weekend- 3rd /4th.

I've only ever done a package so am a bit nervous about DIY booking, but having seen double rooms in Arinsal for around €300, I’ve been tempted. I know you have helped a lot of people with ski hire etc so though you might be able to assist with some sage advice concerning the transfer. Or more precisely, the cost - I remember it was 3 or 4 hours so assume a cab is out of the question!

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Jon
    • We hired a car from the airport, with the extra insurance cost for use in Andorra and fuel it came in at about 200 euro. We didn't move it at all when we were there but the should you want to go off some where else the convenience is parked there right outside you hotel. In reality i think for us(as there were three of us) it worked out about the same as a bus transfer cost.
      The hire company was Sol-Mar if you are interested
    • Hi Jon

I wouldn't worry about doing it DIY - more and more people are doing it every year! As for the transfer, if you have a look on our Transfers page (on the Travel menu) it has all the prices and links you'll need for organising it.

If you're happy to drive then it does work out quite cost effective, however you might prefer to have a shuttle transfer. If you're flying in to Barcelona then you've got quite a few times to choose from throughout the day, and the Novatel company will drop you at your hotel in Arinsal as opposed to Direct Bus who only drop in Andorra la Vella. Links to both these companies are on the Transfers page.

If you want to splash out we can organise taxis through to coaches, however it only really becomes cheaper once there's a group, unless you just want to know you'll be picked up from your flight, set off straight away, and be taken directly to your accommodation without changing buses.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steve
    • last minute holiday

if there are only two of you you cold get the cheapest compact car and use the back seats for the lack of boot space or putting your skis inside the car. The extra cost for going outside spain into andorra is only a few euro per day. Do not need the extra insurance if your not going to be driving much.

The cost of car hire is cheaper in spain than france, plus the drive is likely to be snow free.

having a car means you can go to arcalis easier and during the less busy times in the week. This alone is worth the expense of a car.

i have posted directions in the past on the drivin thread.

I find reus the easiest airport as its pretty much the c14 all the way. (only down side is using ryanair as its cheaper to hire through steve than take your own gear on their planes)