kids on lifts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kids on lifts

Hey Stevie,
      1 week on Sunday and counting :D
      I saw on the other forum a thread on kids on lifts.
      Got me thinking, hang on, my little bundle of joy(6 years old) is ok on a button lift but never been on a chair lift. He is booked on lessons (inter.AM) what happens regarding lifts, as both my wife and myself will also be on lessons at the same time. Looking at the maps there are not many drag lifts up there!!.
      When do they start to use the lifts?
      Do the little treasures have a hand off at the top?
      Do they get put on with adults who can operate the safety bars?
      Tell me to stop being so protective, please :evil:
      Cheers
      Ric
      p.s snow 30 miles north of london :thumbsup:
      p.p.s not enough to even make a snowball out of :thumbdown:
    • Hi Ric

You're correct, not many drag lifts in Arinsal. On the beginners area there are two 'magic carpet' conveyor belt lifts which are great, however once able to link turns and progress to a blue run it's straight on to a chair lift.

The first one they'll go on is very slow anyway but the lift operators usually slow lifts down when kids are getting on and are on hand to help them on the lift, then again there are lift operators at the top to give assistance if needed. I'm sure your 'bundle of joy' will be fine without you! The resort is used to having loads of kids on the slopes!

You'd never get just a chair lift of small kids, they'll be sent with other adults or the instructor.

Have had more snow yesterday, skiing in powder up to about 20cm today! The main slopes were in great condition too with 5-10cm of fresh snow.

Steve