First Timers Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First Timers Question

My better half and me are coming to Arinsal on 1st March for the first time and can't wait to get there. We both fancy boarding so we need the usual lessons and kit...just wondering if there's a particular ski school that people recommend and whether it's best to book lessons and kit hire before we go or sort it once we arrive.

Sorry if it's a stupid question! :)
    • No such thing as a stupid question, just a stupid answer, so here goes :thumbup:

Not really.

It's our first time out there also (7th march getting closer and can't wait), so here is the info I've managed to get.
      There is only one ski school-makes it nice and simple.
      I am doing the boarding lessons myself and after a lot of (TBH) pointless research I found that the equipment offered through the shop page on this site is the best value for money, as it's our first time here I cannot, however, vouch for the quality of the hire equipment but I'm sure Steve will give you a little input on that.
    • Hi. This is my third time boarding and still spend a lot of time on my bum. I want to add my tips (especially for girlies)... Wrist guards, knee pads, helmet and most useful..... IMPACT SHORTS. Love snowboarding, but would spend a lot of time in pain without my gear. Have fun and role on Saturday when we fly over (and yes..... i'm having lessons) :)
    • As Ricfrench said, there's only one school in Arinsal. It's up to you if you book before or wait until you're here - it's exactly the same price, but if you book on here we'll meet you when you arrive with your tickets and lift passes.

As for rentals, we use Sant Moritz who have four shops around the village. I worked with them for three years before we set up this website and chose to work with them now we have Arinsal.co.uk because they have really good equipment and provide an excellent service.
    • Everything's booked through this site (very smoothly, I must add!) and just counting the hours 'til we get there now.

One other odd question.....is there much snow lying in the village? I live in my converse but I'm guessing I'll need my sturdier boots....that'll be interesting with my skinny jeans. I'll be easily recognisable as the man who looks like a pair of golf clubs! :)