Ski schools

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ski schools

Hi, I'm in Arinsal for 1/2 term with my son aged 11. It's his second time skiing and I am thinking about lessons. I could book the 6-11 intermediate classes but I am thinking he might feel a little old in these? Am I better getting him in the adult class? He's tall for his age.

He needs improving and reluctant as he is to go into class I am insisting he does but I don't particularly want him miserable. What times are the classes as I would want to explore the area as he becomes more confident.

Thanks

Robert
    • Hi Rob

Classes are for 15 hours Monday to Friday. If you book with a tour operator you will be allocated a time slot, however if you book with Arinsal.co.uk you get to request your choice of morning or afternoon. They run as follows:
      • Monday 10-12 & 2-4 OR 12-2 & 4-5
      • Tuesday - Thursday 9.30-12 OR 12-3
      • Friday 9.30-12 & 3-4 OR 12-3

Once he's in either morning or afternoon, then that's his group for the week.

As you're going at half term then there should be a fair amount of children around which means there should also be quite a lot of tall 11 year olds around too! When the school organise the groups they try to put similar people together, which would mean that they would try to put you son with a group of similar age/ability so they can all progress together. I can't guarantee that there won't be anybody younger in the group, but at half term there's a good chance that he'll be fine.

The instructors keep an eye on everybody in their group and will move people up or down if they are much better than everybody else, or not quite as good.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Steve
    • Last time we were there the advanced intermediate kids group ranged from 7 to 14. As Steve says, they round everyone up on the first day and get them to ski a bit to show what level they are at. They then get grouped according to ability. Our kids just wanted to ski with us at the start, but they wouldn't consider NOT going to ski school now
    • Thanks guys. The ski school is also for the social side but I feel better after those replies. I'll be booking through here as the holiday is semi independent, Easyjet etc and Steve, I got my gear through you at Easter and it was all good.

Some of the operators are offering free ski passes for under 11s. Is this a special for them only? I guess it is but it's worth a try.

Thanks

Rob