Ski Tuition for Intermediate Skiiers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ski Tuition for Intermediate Skiiers

Hi,

Im coming to Arinsal in December and I was wondering whether there is tuition for those skiiers who can confidently ski parallel on Blue/Red/Some Blacks/Moguls but want to improve their carved turns to something more advancedz and fluid - According to the travel agency (Neilson) there is not but I just wanted to check otherwise.

The reason is I am 15 years old and my parents and brother have never skied and are doing a beginners course which leaves me having to ski on my own which I do not feel overly confident about. If not I will just hang around the blues until the afternoons.

Thanks a lot,

Lewis
    • Hi Lewis

No doubt Steve will answer this tomorrow in greater depth, but just in case you are still online ;) The best thing would be to book a few one-to-one private lessons:

1. You get the instructors full attention.
      2. You'll be amazed at how fast you progress.

You will find more info under the mountain 'tab' on this site (hover over the tab with the mouse), third item down 'tuition'.

Cheers :)

Drew

Forgot to add, the instructors are, in my experience, some of the best in Europe. A couple of 'one-to-one' lessons improved my ability ten-fold :thumbup:
    • Hi Lewis,

I'm an instructor here in Arinsal, you have two options, I think that it would be a good idea to go to the group lessons as the level 3 intermediate is very challenging even for the advanced skier, this would also given you a chance to meet others of your same ability, and you may even continue to ski around with them after the lessons. the other option is private lessons, this is good and will cater for your needs (terrain depending on snow conditions in December).

Enjoy your holiday here with us in Arinsal

Helen
    • Thanks for all your help!

I think I am going to get 2 or 3 private lessons as I would actually like to spend some time skiing on my own and gaining more navigational skills. Also, Im quite a keen photographer so I would like to go and take some photo's :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Lewis

P.S I forgot to ask - Is there a boarder cross in Arinsal? - I can't seem to find it and I don't know much Catalan 8|
    • Boarder Cross

if you can get over to Arcallis there was a short Boarder cross on one of the blues during 15-22 feb. may still be there. Also there was a longer one last year over the back which was not there this year. Hope you get what your looking for.

AF
    • Hi we took two 15 year olds last year (One good intermediate skiier and the other similar level boarder). They did the level 3 lessons in the morning and found them ideal, but then went off exploring in the afternoon, which they realy enjoyed.

They benefitted from having the group experience in the morning, but, were then able to do their own thing in the afternoon. Arinsal and Pal are ideal for this as it's very difficult to get lost. :thumbsup:

This may be the best way for you to experience the resort. :thumbsup: