snowboard hire - advice please!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• snowboard hire - advice please!!!

Hi,

Coming to Arinsal 22nd Feb, looking for the best quality snowboard equipment to hire in the resort, have found reviews from other people on the net saying different shops have better equipment 1 year and others the next because some upgrade one year and others the next.

I know it is cheaper to book on-line in advance but I am concerned when I get to the shop the boards might be very basic with limited choice and not what I'm looking for and then it would affect my whole holiday. I only need the board, not boots. What is the best shop for quality snowboard equipment hire in Arinsal?

My girlfirend needs board, boots and lesson package, we both also need lift passes.

Any advice from anyone very appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks,

joel :wacko:
    • I've worked with St Moritz for four seasons now (previously with tour operators) and they have always had an excellent standard of equipment and service, which is one of the main reasons I chose to work with them this season. Their rental shop in the village also has a dedicated snowboard shop next door.
    • Snowboard Hire

Hi Joelg

I'm not affiliated to ANY of the hire shops....BUT, from experience I will say that St Moritz offer some great gear for hire and would definitely be my choice (if I were renting).

From your post I imagine that you are looking for a 'stiffer' board (all-mountain type terrain) than the usual beginner's softer-flexing type boards (unless you are 'jib-happy', in which case a soft-flex is more forgiving and generally performs better in the park) ? What type of riding do you do ?

Drew