Reply to Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Information
Verification (“reCAPTCHA”)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbsup:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • :pinch:
  • :wacko:
  • :Dblue
  • :O
The maximum number of attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 1 MB
Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Automatically detects web page links.
Displays smilies as smiley-images.
Allows BBCodes to be used.

Previous Posts 10

• Ski School Levels

steve

If you can at least snowplough turn both ways then you should go for intermediate, anything less and go for beginners. Beginners will be split in to "first-timers" and "advanced beginners", and intermediates do a "ski-off" where instructors grade you according to ability and are put into a group accordingley.

I hope this helps!
  • We had a light frost this morning!!!!(not quite the same but the car roof was white)
    Its now me turning a little green(with envy), we've still got ages to go before we can get out there :cursing: 96 days according to iphone :thumbdown: .
    Looks like i'll have to keep getting my snow fix at Hemel Snowzone for a while longer.

That reminds me Steve, my wife and 6 year old have just been passed for recreational skiing :!: , and me on a snowboard 8) , when we hit the mountain should we book intermediate lessons or beginner?
  • Steve, just looking at the arinsal webcam, it looks like you need to get the vallnord piste keepers out with some White paint to freshen the place up a little. The snow looks very green at the moment!!!!!
  • Cheers for the reply- i was just shocked cos last time i checked on here there was loads of snow falling and everything was looking soooo good. I'm coming out there on the 20th of next month so they'd better get those snow cannons fired up!
  • I know - seems a bit warm doesn't it!! When it comes down to it, it might not actually be that warm, but don't forget we're only two weeks in to November so loads of time for things to change. As for a more detailed forecast, just click on one of the links under the J2Ski forecast on our weather page and it'll show you a forecast for different heights.
  • 17 degrees on Saturday?!!!!

Jon

Does anyone know where these temperature readings are taken from- ie village, bottom station or peak? I know there's nothing any of us can do about it but 17 degrees? Come on!!!