Christmas in Arinsal 2019

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Christmas in Arinsal 2019

We have been to Arinsal before but never during Christmas Day/Boxing Day etc.
      Are there any must see/dos?
      Were staying in the St Moritz so are very central.
      I read about an instructors candlelit descent down the slopes one evening?
      Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas! :thumbsup:
    • Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your enquiry!

I have asked the ski school to see if there will be a torchlit descent this year and shall let you know as soon as I have an answer for you.

We are relatively close to the capital of Andorra, Andorra La Vella, which is where you can go and visit the annual Christmas village and markets. If you click on the below link it will also let you know what other events are going on in the city centre, such as the Christmas carol service on Christmas eve. There is a direct bus from Arinsal that goes to Andorra La Vella or it is about a 20 minute taxi ride away. visitandorra.com/en/agenda/christmas-village/

Within Arinsal and La Massana, there is usually a Santa’s grotto on Christmas Eve too situated at the gondola stations.

The difficulty is that in the Spanish culture, their Christmas is a little different and actually they celebrate ‘Three Kings’ on the 6th Jan more than Christmas. However saying that, there are festivities going on in the city centre. We will be writing a blog within the next week listing what is going on nearby which we will post on our website.

Hope that helps and we hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Arinsal! I'll keep you posted about the torchlit descent.

Thanks,
      Olivia