Sking for a real beginner

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sking for a real beginner

Hello Arinsal forum,

As you can see from the title I am what they call a beginner, someone who has never been on a set of ski's in his life but is really looking forward to getting on the slops. This is something that has not long came into plan with a bunch of friends so we/me are a little fresh and to be honest clueless about everything. But, this is something we have been talking about as a group for a long time and it's about time we put a plan into action. I have a quite few questions but some that should definitely come first.

Should we really be taking lessons on some dry slops here in the UK before we go on some real slops? or, Will we have some form of lessons when we get there? What kid of kit should we take with us? you see all these adverts with the best fashion branded boards and clothing, do we really need all that or is cheap affordable clothing fine? Like, what are the best shoes? Do they have everything there ready? or is it best to get some item before hand?

I think these are a good starting point and I'm sure there will be more questions as we go along. If there is anything else you guys can that might help also, please let me know. Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting on the slops ASAP.

Cheer everyone!!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Joshabroad ().

• Sorry about the spelling "slop" I meant "Slope" Terrible typo that is driving me mad haha
      After a little research here and there I have found that It's going to be better to hit the snow slopes first and learn on them. A few people have said it is really difficult to learn on dry slopes.
    • Hi Josh,

Thanks for your message.

If you are planning on coming to Arinsal but you have never skied before, no problem! Arinsal is a great resort for beginners, there is no necessity on going to a dry slope before, as there are many different levels in the ski school , and a lot of beginners that like you they have never skied before.
      The important things you need to hit the slopes is:

Equipment (boots and skies) that you can hire in Arinsal (plus the ideal clothes for the mountain: ex. gloves, sallopettes, buff, goggles). Is not mandatory to wear helmet on the slopes, but if you are beginner I would recommend it as you still cannot control your skies yet.

Lift Pass: You will need a lift pass to access to the slopes, even if you only stay in the lower areas.

Lessons: As you have never skied before, it will be better if you have an instructor looking after you and teaching you the basics of this sport. There are two options: Group Lessons or Private Lessons.
      Group Lessons start usually on Monday and they last between 3-5 days (11-19 hours) private lessons can start every day and can last as many hours as you desire.

We offer special packages which includes equipment+ lift pass + lessons on a lower price than buying everything separately, you can book it by clicking here.

Please, let me know if you have any other question,
      Kind regards,

Esther