Kids Group Ski Lesson Timing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kids Group Ski Lesson Timing

Travelling to Arinsal with a number of young kids in Feb half-term. We have booked group ski lessons for the kids, and have been told they run from 12-3pm plus an hour 4-5pm. I may be overthinking this, but am interested in how other people make this work - I would have thought beginners do better on the better morning snow, plus how do we stop the kids from wearing themselves out in the morning, and then potentially make them wait until 3pm for lunch? I'm sure we'll manage, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive....
    • You can book morning lessons. Which then have a gap for lunch and they go back for one more hour in the afternoon. We did this last year as a family of three. (8 year old son at the time ) but were returning this year as a group of 19 ( 9 kids mixed ages) and have opted for afternoon lessons, so that it's not such a rush in the mornings. It. Can be a rush to get breakfast down, get to the gondola, up to the slopes and your kit on, all by 9am.
    • Hi Shelley,

Yes, you can choose between morning or afternoon lessons.
      Morning schedule will be:
      Monday 10:00-12:00 & 15:00-16:00
      Tuesday - Friday 9:00-12:00 & 15:00-16:00
      For beginners we always recommend to choose morning lessons so you can enjoy the day from early in the morning. You will loose all the morning if you start at 12:00 as beginners are not confident to go on their own.
      However, it is also true that getting ready to be on time at 9:00 for your ski lesson it could be more difficult if you have children. There are lockers located at the top of the gondola (on the slopes) where you can left the equipment from one day to the next one, which it will save you some time instead of carrying around the equipment every morning. You can book them here: booking.arinsal.co.uk/en/arinsal by selecting extras. The lockers fit up to 4 full ski equipments and the price is 9€ per day.

Please, let me know if you need any other information,
      Kind regards,
      Esther
    • Children's ski lessons

Hi I just wondered if there was an option of the children staying for lunch with their ski school, or whether they need to be collected every day. We just returned from Austria & the children all stayed for lunch & then skied again afterwards with the ski school (which meant us adults could get some serious slope time in too :P )

Thanks
      Sarah
    • We were beginners a couple of years back but apart from the first day where the morning was a bit haphazard we actually enjoy the afternoon lessons and have continued with them each time. No needing to get up early each morning to get everyone ready and then we can miss the main queue and be skiing by 9.30/10, a couple of hours practicing what you learnt the day before. Then we tend to have a quick drink and snack before the main lesson(the lessons will always include a stop for another drink and snack halfway through) then at 3 we all meet and have some lunch on the slopes. Some people choose not to go to the 4-5pm lessons everyday as it normally is just a re-practice on the earlier lesson, the teachers are all normally fine with that, no pressure if you choose to do something as a group instead or head back to the hotels/apartments
    • Thanks all for your responses. We booked through an operator, so we didn't have the option for morning lessons unfortunately, but I'm sure the kids will manage and I am worrying about nothing. As some of you have said, not having to hustle them through breakfast and getting kit on for the early session may be a relief.
    • hi
      How did you get on with afternoon lessons

Me and my 8 year old daughter are going to Arinsal in 3 weeks and our tour operator has just told me that our lessons are now in the afternoon. when we originally booked the package is was told the lessons would be in the morning leaving the afternoons free to practice or go off sight seeing.
    • We chose afternoon lessons because it's less stress in the mornings. Having to be on the mountain for 9am didn't sound like much of a holiday, and so for us the afternoons were great, nice relaxing morning, no queues, happy kids!