Child Beginner Lessons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Child Beginner Lessons

We are going skiing with a few other families. It's our first time but all the others have been before and are booking intermediate lessons. We are naturally going to book beginner lessons however that will mean our daughter will be in a class with strangers. Is their any flexibility that she could join us in the adult group or the child intermediate group with her friends? I believe that she won't enjoy her holiday if she's on her own.
    • Hi Ben

I wouldn't worry too much about this as parents coming skiing often have this worry, but when it actually comes to it once your children have met their instructor and the other children in their group the worries disappear and everyone has a great time. The lessons are only max. 3 hours away from family so then you can have lunch and ski together the rest of the day.

To answer your questions though, children are kept with other children, and those of the same/similar ability are kept together, the reasons as follows...

Adults and children learn differently, plus some instructors are great with kids, others are a bit more "grown up" so it really helps both the children and adults to learn at their own pace in a style that suits them. Also being away from parents means there's less pressure about messing up so when they fall over (which beginners will) it doesn't matter because it's other children all doing it together.

Beginners wouldn't go in the same group as intermediates because a group can only go as fast as the slowest person, so it's not fair on the intermediates to put a beginner with them.

I hope this answers your questions and helps to put your mind at ease - it's a stressful time getting everything and everyone organised, but once you're all skiing I'm sure you'll be fine. If after reading this you still really want to only ski together then you'd want to look at booking private lessons because then you book the instructor and it's up to you who goes with them for the class, so it can be adults and children with beginners and intermediates, but then you'd have the problems mentioned above.

Just ask if you have any other questions.

Steve
    • Child Lessons -

On seeing the forum, I agree with Steves comments 100%. The one big benefit of Arinsal is the lessons are all in the same area, and even when you have got your confidence and ventured onto a couple of lifts, all the runs end up at the same starting place. No getting lost on the mountain like so many resorts. Just came back last week from Arinsal with my brother, taking his son (2nd ever week on skis) and back again Feb 15th taking my daughter for her 5th week - 3rd in Andorra as she loves it!!! She doesnt really need lessons now but she insists I book lessons as the whole "ski school" experience in Arinsal is excellent! So much friendlier/ better than the French....