Lessons compared to Vallnord.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lessons compared to Vallnord.com

Hi Everyone,
      We are coming to Arinsal on Feb 15th and want to book lessons, I have noticed that the lessons on your site are for 19 hours but the ones on Vallnord.com are listed as being for 15 hours (3 hrs per day). I like the idea of lessons every morning and then having the afternoon free but would like to book everything with you. Do you do these lessons aswell or just the 9-12 + 2-3pm ones?
      Thanks

Pete
    • Hi Pete

The school is split into two sections, the "English" side and the "International" side. If you take the 15-hour lessons then you'll be on the "International" side and will have your lessons in multiple languages, whereas on the "English" (19 hours) side your lessons will be in English and they aim to have a native English speaking instructor.

We can book you into either, however most (if not all) our clients go on the "English" side because it's much more social and also have the extra hour.

The extra hour is optional, the idea being that in that hour you will cover things you did in the main lesson to make sure you understand and can do it. It helps a lot with the slower ones in a group, so if you do miss the extra hour then you won't be missing out on new techniques.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and if you want to book onto the 15-hours just let us know and we can organise it for you.

Steve
    • Hi Steve,
      Thanks for the info and I have a couple of unrelated questions, I am sure the info is on here but I though I would ask instead.
      If we hire the equipment on here it sounds like we can collect it at the top of the gondola, we are getting to Arinsal on Sunday afternoon so I would like to collect it on Sunday and put it in a locker if possible.

1) Is this all correct and possible and can we get access to the gondola lift as our ski passes will be for the next day onwards? I am sure you don't need a pass for the gondola but it is 2 years since I last skied and can't remember.

2) Also I am going to book the equipment on here but I am not sure which skis to select for my youngest son as both descriptions are the same. Only the price is different. He is 10 but is approx. 1.4M tall and is a complete beginner. Which ones do I choose please?

3) How many lockers will we need? We will have 3 adult size skiers, 2 adult boarders and 1 child skier.

4) Do we pay for everything at the time of booking or when we collect?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all of the questions

Pete
    • Hi Pete

Yes you can collect your equipment the day before the start date, from 15:30 onwards. Just show your rental voucher and you'll be allowed on the gondola to collect your gear.

The child equipment is either standard or superior - for a beginner just choose the standard option.

You'll need two lockers for all your equipment, and we only have two left for half term so if you want to book make sure it's quick!!

For pre-booking you pay when booking.

Just ask if you think of any other questions :thumbup:

Steve
    • Hi Steve,
      That is great thanks, I have booked and paid for 2 lockers on your site. I am going to book lessons and equipment tomorrow but when it add everything to my basket it asks for a discount code.

How do I get one and do I need this or is the discount built into the listed price already?

Thanks again

Pete
    • Hi Steve,
      Thanks for all of your help so far, I have now booked all of our gear and passes. I have also booked the lessons for all the beginners in our party. I am looking for a bit of advice on private lessons if you can help please?

2 of us are thinking of having a private lesson as i can ski ok already, would you recomend having a 2 hour lesson in one go or 1 hour a day to brush up. Do these need to be booked in advance or is it ok to see how you get on and maybe book a lesson while there?

Cheers
    • Hi Pete

I'm sorry but for that week we've now stopped taking advanced bookings for private lessons, however you can visit the school on arrival to see if there is any late availability or cancellations. We can still take bookings for group lessons though.

Steve