Group Lesson or Private

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Group Lesson or Private

Hey

Ive inquired over the form but would like to know what others thought, ive been skiing weekly here in the uk, and confident in skiing but would rate myself at an experienced beginner to intermediate. Probably a group class would be best suited for me to rule out any bad habits and just refresher as its my first ski trip. Ive been doing the whole course of lessons provided from indoor skiing company with instructors and parallel skiing. But would really just like to go through anything i may be doing wrong.

Ill be there for a week in March, what do you recommend?

Ive had a look at the price so its 20 hours of lessons for 150.00 euros?

Staying at the Princess Parc is it pretty straight forward where everything is located?

Arron
    • Are you travelling on your own or with others? What are their level?

If you are a single traveller then group lessons may be for you simply to meet other people and have things to discuss with them Apres Ski.

If with friends then private lessons are much better. Groups are usually about 12 people and in three hours you would not get much individual feedback as you would one to one. Private lessons can also be shared with up to three others. Plus you will advance much quicker in private lessons and your instructor would take you on runs they feel you are capable of so you will get to see and know more of the mountain. In a group you can only go as far as the slowest learner.

Yo will learn as much in three hours one to one as you would in a week of group lessons.

AF
    • Good comments Andorra friend :thumbup: I agree.
      Aaron it's not possible to book shared private lessons. You can book private lessons for up to 6 people or groups lessons. If you wanted to do private lessons with others you would really need to find/ know them in advance so you can arrange to share an instructor.
      There is someone with a post on here looking to share private lessons the week 17th March if those dates suits you maybe to could have a chat with them to see if you suit each other? It's under the post group lessons or private

Hayley :)
    • Group Lesson week commencing 03/03/24

Hey Hayley understood i think ill book myself on a group lesson which ill probably take out on the 3rd March.

Im still confused on how the group lessons and classes are run?

Can you explain, do i pay before booking or when im there?

Whats an average class size and duration?
    • Hi borse2008

Group lessons run Monday to Friday and you have four hours each day, so total 20 hours. You can book AM or PM groups, and you can see the timetables on our school page.

When you arrive you need to meet Hayley who will exchange your voucher for your school ticket and she'll explain the meeting point to you. The instructors then do a "ski off" so they can assess your ability and put you in an appropriate group. Groups are around 12 people.

You pay when you book, and to book in to group lessons please click here >>

Just ask if you have any other queries.

Steve
    • Steve, thanks for the breakdown i just dont know whats best in terms of which days to do lessons. As im coming with a group of people, so i hope when i come down to the resort i can maybe sort something out at the hotel or at the resort. If thats possible. Maybe to do PM session. I cant book anything yet as i dont know what's best. Ill be arriving from 2nd March until the 9th. Probably start Monday PM then do a Tuesday PM too?

Hope i can book something whilst im there.
    • I'd say that unless you are struggling with something specific the group lessons are fine, you do get a lot out of them and pretty good feed back is usually given in one of the pubs later on :thumbup: . My wife is having confidence issues, she has group lessons but we will get her an hour or two of private lessons in the afternoon. We've been twice now and find the schools very good.