New Year 2014!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Year 2014!

Hi,

This is my first time to Arinsal and i am going with my partner and 9 year old girl who has never been skiing before.

We are all excited about the trip and will be there for new year and the daughters 10th birthday.......

A few questions.........

1) Where is best to go for a family meal on new years eve, somewhere with food and entertainment?

2) Are there any places we could go in the evening to make the daughters birthday special?

3) How would we go about pre booking a dog sleigh ride for her birthday?

I am grateful for your help in advance. Any tips and advice about Arinsal would be welcome!

Thanks
    • Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you'll have a great time in Arinsal, and everywhere is family friendly. In answer to your questions...

1) Pretty much everywhere has some kind of entertainment but most of the best food places might not be the best for a party afterwards. For food I'd happily recommend Cisco's Mexican as the food is great and top service too - they make a real effort so really good for special occasions. Another good restaurant for New Year dinner would be the Xalet, although it's a bit fancy so not 100% sure if it's what you'd have in mind for a 9 year old. Restaurant 360 is also great food. Now for the party afterwards... Cisco's is great for families on apres ski but in the evening it's more of a club with DJs, and both 360 and Xalet are just restaurants, so I'd suggest either Quo Vadis or The Derby as both have great parties and usually have live music. El Cau normally host a big party too, which is normally the biggest event as they have lots of space.

My final suggestion would be the Palarine - it's down the hill in Erts but if you book then they'll come and pick you up. They do great food and a great party - from personal experience of their New Year party it's one of the best in the village, and includes unlimited drinks :thumbsup: (or it did, make sure you check!) It's a fancy dress affair and they have spare costumes too, so great fun for families.

2) As above for restaurants, or for other activities or birthday shopping then you could head into Andorra la Vella. Caldea spa is very popular and would be something special because as well as the indoor pools and jacuzzis you can go into the outdoor part which is great.

3) If you're coming with a tour operator then your holiday rep will be able to book dog sleigh rides, or if not then just go to the information desk at the top of the gondola and they'll book it in. The dog sleigh rides are just over the cable car in Pal so if it's your daughter's first time then book it for the end of the week as she'll need to be able to ski a blue run back from the top of Arinsal. If she can't ski it then a taxi is possible, and you're heading for Seturia.

Other things to look out for are the bowling alley at the Hotel Princesa Parc, and the sledging evening which is organised by the holiday reps.

Just ask if you think of anything else to ask!

Steve