Après

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have been to Arinsal for a good few years now with my two daughters and have found all the bars are great for Apres.

My girls LOVE The Derby (irish Bar) and we have over the years became friends with the staff due to returning so often. They love the atmosphere in there and the singing along with tunes that Keith plays, the pool table and table football keep them busy too.

They all have offers for snacks when you come off the mountain so as I found out it depends on what the kids will want to eat maybe. As I found out a visit to each and see where the kids want to stay is always a winner.. if the kids are happy then your onto a winner ;o)

Jamie
      Jamie

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

@Jamieinwallasey
    • Hi Tamland

As Jamie says definitely try the Derby - they've got live music most nights plus they have an open mic night, karaoke and a party night on Fridays so always something happening.

Also try Quo as they're really friendly and normally have live music at least once in the week.

El Cau is great for families during apres ski because there's lots of space, and they have a couple of pool tables and some video games to keep kids entertained.

At your hotel downstairs they've a bowling alley which is great fun - the skittles are on strings!!

Also, before you go you should print out some discount vouchers to save money in various bars and restaurants - we'll have this seasons vouchers online in the middle of December.

Steve
    • This year el Cau will be having live music during apres ski as well as an expanded food menu (set to include things like burgers, ribs etc). The main draw is that you get a free toasted sandwich with every drink from 3 till 7......So for say 4 cokes and 4 sandwiches, you are looking at a grand total of 8 euros. Kind of cheap! As mentioned above we also have pool tables, table football, video games and pin ball but also free table tennis, and a free slack line (A bit like tightrope walking only about knee high). Ok, I'm slightly biased..! But we are definately the most family friendly bar in Arinsal.

Most bars will have some offer or another on during this apres ski period, so really its up to you to find which offers suit your needs most. Some bars will offer you a free half a beer, others a small bowl of free nachos etc, As you come off the gondola after a days skiing you will likely be bombarded by offers from PRs that will try to get you into their respective bars. It's rather annoying, as it feels somewhat predatory, but it does pay to listen to them as that way, you get to hear what each bar has to offer. Sift around until you find what suits you best. As I mentioned above, our promotion is a free toasted sandwich with a choice of various fillings with each drink. No restrictions on how many you have either.....

El Cau, El Derbi, Quo and Princesa Park hotel bar will also have camera men on the mountain that record your skiing/snowboarding lessons so that you can watch them in the bar later that day. Many instructors are affiliated with or work for a particular bar, so the bar that you will watch you video in often depends on who your instructor is. Not all of the instructors do this and most of them allow anyone to film them, thus allowing you to watch the video wherever you want. If you want to be filmed, make a point of asking the bar staff in the bar you are frequenting, so that they know which instructors to film that week.

Have a good trip, its an awesome village with some great bars and restaurants to choose from, you'll be a winner wherever you go.