Lift passes for no skiers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lift passes for no skiers?

Hi

We are planning to go to Arinsal in for the first time in January and whilst myself and the kids ski, my wife is not keen on it. As a non skier:

Are there lifts / gondola she could use to get closer to see the kids skiing? If so - how far could she get?

Is there any cafe's or restaurants on the mountain which she could get to?

Is there anything else to do on the mountain?

Are there any passes she could use for either a pay per use or a points basis, as it does not seem worth her buying a lift pass for the week. If so any idea on the cost of these?

Many thanks
    • RE: Lift passes for no skiers?

Arrow77 wrote:

Hi

We are planning to go to Arinsal in for the first time in January and whilst myself and the kids ski, my wife is not keen on it. As a non skier:

Are there lifts / gondola she could use to get closer to see the kids skiing? If so - how far could she get?

Is there any cafe's or restaurants on the mountain which she could get to?

Is there anything else to do on the mountain?

Are there any passes she could use for either a pay per use or a points basis, as it does not seem worth her buying a lift pass for the week. If so any idea on the cost of these?

Many thanks

Morning,

OK I will answer these best I can although I am not 100% sure on passes and prices but am sure Steve will be able to help you more on this when he reads this post.

YES your wife could get the gondola from the Village upto the base of the mountain and wait there for you during the day (at a cost obviously for the pass) At the base of the mountain there are numerous restaurants, ski shops etc that she could kill time with whilst you ski throughout the day. Panoramix has a large viewing balcony outside that she can stand on and take pictures/video as you ski down back to the chairlift and you can stop at the side of it to chat with her.

The restaurants are reasonably priced and she could sit in panoramix with a good book if she gets to cold. lol Oh it also has Wifi which is a bonus.

Other than walk around the ski shops or places to eat there isnt a lot else to do up there to be honest.

Prices as I say Steve will be better on that to help you on that one if you cant find them on the site under the Arinsal section. You also maybe better looking at prices closer to the season starting, I would imagine they do a pass purely for the gondola as you can actually drive up to the bottom of the chair lifts BUT am not sure on if you need to use a pass at a barrier to be honest.

Hope this helps, let me know if i can help you anymore.

Cheers
      Jamie
      Jamie

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

@Jamieinwallasey
    • As Jamie has explained, plenty to keep a non-skier occupied at the top of the gondola and you can all meet up for drinks/lunch etc.

The prices for next season aren't out yet but it's around €7.50 for a round trip on the gondola - she would need to buy this on a daily basis from the kiosk at the bottom of the lift. It's also possible to do this on the six-man lift by the Crest hotel in case you're staying at the top of the village.

If you happened to have a car then as Jamie says you could drive up - it's a free car park at the top and so then wouldn't need to buy a lift pass for her.

Just ask if you have any other questions.

Steve