Arcalis questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arcalis questions

Hi,
      I will be in Arinsal next week and fancy a trip to Arcallis one of the days, can you tell me
      1, where does the bus leave from?
      2, What facilities are there at Arcallis? For example are there lockers their or do most people travel in their ski boots?
      3, The lift pass at Arinsal is also for Arcallis, correct?
      Many thanks for your help
      Ian
    • Hi Karl
      I will be at the Micolau arriving Monday eve. I believe that is close to the Gondalar where the bus stop is.
      Have you been to Arcalis? Is it best to wear your boots on the bus or take them with you and get locker at Arcalis?
      If you have any tips please pass them on..................I am an intermediate skier and a bit rusty!
      Thanks
      Ian
    • Hi Ian,

I was there last week and before that I stayed over Xmas, Arcalis is a great area to ski and for your level of ability will offer you loads of interesting and challenging runs.
      Maybe do day one in Arinsal to find your feet and defo spend a few days in Arcalis, Pal was also fantastic last week so you must spend a day there, easy to get to either via the gondola at the top of Arinsal or from La massana.
      If your getting the free bus to Arcalis from Arinsal then go in your ski boots, it's straight forward then and your not having to mess around carrying gear. Also as your staying close to the heart of Arinsal then when you get back its easy to change your footwear before hitting the bars for a well deserved beer.

Just remember the Free bus only runs to Arcalis twice a day each way, if you don't get the last bus back then it's expensive in a cab back to Arinsal.
      Enjoy your holiday mate, the conditions out there are fantastic and I'm gutted I'm still not in resort.
      Karl
    • Arcalis April Skiing

Hi Guys, thanks for all the useful info
      I've seen it mentioned on a few of your posts that Arcalis stays open quite late in the season...
      Seeing as the snow is so good - do you think it will be the same case this year?
      3 of us are coming up to Arinsal by car on the 17th April for 3 days - we've love to get a couple of days skiing but Vallnord say they close in early April
      Do you know if Arcalis will stay open if the snow is still good?
      Many thanks
      Mike
    • Hi Mike

The Vallnord closing date is still 7th April which is for all Vallnord including Arcalis. I think it would be to short notice for them to annouce to stay open later now as they need time to advertise it. You will still be able to ski in Andorra though during your trip 8o
      There will be be skiing in Andorra's other ski resort, Grandvalira is open until 28th April :thumbsup: