Ice diving

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Rachel,

The ice diving takes place in Arcalis, it's midway down a really nice red run at the back of the mountain. It wasn't open when we were there over Xmas so I think you may need to book in first before they open the centre, it's not big but like you it's something my wife and I fancied as we also dive.

Ice diving at altitude, diving doesn't get much better :D

Karl
    • Hi Rachel

That is exactly right where it is, you ski past it on the red slope La Canaleta. If you look on the piste map you will see a little icon of a face with snorkle mask on. :thumbup: It is never open for the public just to walk into you have to book in advance. When you arrive you can ask in the Vallnord information office in Arinsal and see if they can get you booked in for one of the days you are here.

Hayley :D
    • Hi I thought this may help....

[Blocked Image: http://imagenes.repsol.com/es_en/Vallnord_2_tcm11-557157.jpg]

Find it at…Arcalís
      Last season’s news. With 2 types of immersion and a night type, Diving Andorra company is offering the chance to enjoy 2 types of underwater diving in the Arcalís sector.

Diving in the Canaleta pool (2,060 m): maximum depth 12 metres. There is a 15-minute walk to the pool and the diving initiation can take place between 10:00 h and 15:00 h. It is a pool with an artificial dam built to produce snow. The dimensions and surrounding infrastructures make it an ideal place for ice diving. This activity is suitable for people over 14 with or without diving experience. All the necessary diving equipment and insurance is provided.Immersion on La Canaleta raft offers a night option: upon prior reservation, daily at 8 pm.

Diving in the Tristaina lakes (2,305 m): maximum depth 32 metres. Access is by helicopter or freeride. A minimum of 4 people need to sign up for this activity to take place. The departure point is La Coma restaurant (between 9:30 h and 15:00 h).

The Tristaina lakes form one of the most representative cirque glaciers of Andorra. The 3 lakes that form it are situated in the Valls del Nord of the Principality of Andorra. This activity is suitable for people over 18 who already have experience of ice diving or who hold the DIVING ANDORRA certificates. All the necessary diving equipment and insurance is provided.