Arcalis 5th January 2013

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arcalis 5th January 2013

It's been well over a week since the last time I got chance to ski over in Arcalis. It was well worth the wait :thumbup:

I have been on the first chair of the day before but I don't think I have ever been the last person off the slopes in the evening! It was so good we didn't leave until half past five...and that was after pestering the lifty to let us go up the Poma lift just one more time when he was wanting to shut it down! Really the only other people to been seen getting in cars and actually leaving before us were the workers from the restaurants and the mountain!!

The slopes are in cracking form. They are hard but smooth and have a lovely lightness on the top of them. There are a few areas where there were a few stones on the slopes but nothing really to worry about. For a Saturday, which can usually be busy with locals for their weekend ski, it was surprisingly quiet and plenty of room on the slopes for all.

Many people see Arcalis as the challenging skiing of Andorra, which it does have some areas to push people but it's also a fab place for the whole family to ski together. Yesterday I took my family including my 6 year old niece, who has spent her first ever ski experience on the slopes in Arinsal in ski school all week. She loved it! we skied all afternoon together on the greens, blues and reds.....She only got shouted at twice by Dad..... and it was for going too fast :whistling:

Just next to the Els Vailets button lift and beginner green slope is the family park (photo here). It's new for this year and you will spot it with bright coloured flags all around it saying "Magic Park Augustina". It's great fun for the whole family especially the little ones. It's a huge area designed with markers to ski between and lumps and bumps to ski over along with mini baby kickers and bridges. You can choose which one to go over or avoid if you don't fancy them all but it's a great way to keep the kids entertained and the big kids ;)

Sadly my family's new year break is now over and they left today.....I really need my niece to come back soon so I can play around in the Magic Park again, I might just look a little bit odd in their on my own :whistling: