Worried about the forecast for the coming week

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Worried about the forecast for the coming week

Hey,

Flying out on Sunday for a week's boarding in Arinsal, really looking forrward to it but really worried about the weather forecast. Been keeping an eye on it but there is no snow due at all for the week we are there (6th-13th Jan).

What sort of condition are the slopes going to be in when we arrive and through the week if the forecast stays as is?

Cheers,

Chris
    • Hi Chris,

I got back last Sunday from Arinsal and have to say that the piste conditions where decent first thing and then got really soft around 2pm onwards, if I was going to arrive this Sunday I would do all of my skiing/snowboarding in Arcalis.
      The conditions over in that area were superb.
      There's a free bus to take you over, one leaves Arinsal at 8.30am the other at 10.30am and coming back they are 3.30pm and 5.30pm, you haven't said where your staying? I stayed at the hotel Palarine and they provided us with transport for 3 days, infact it was me who drive a few guests over to Arcalis, great service from hotel management.
      Hope this helps, have a great trip.
      Karl
    • Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm stating at the Palarine too. I'm hoping the conditions will be decent as this is my first trip to Andorra.

Do you think going over to Arcalis each day would be better then staying local?

Cheers,
      Chris
    • Hi Chris

You'll generally find Arcalis has some of the best conditions in Andorra just because there are a lot less people there, it's a bit higher than Arinsal, and the area at the back is bowl-shaped so keeps the snow better. This being said, we've just had more snow so conditions in Arinsal and Pal will improve, so definately give Arinsal & Pal a go at some point in the week but if you're not in lessons then well worth hitting Arcalis a few days.

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Steve
    • Hi Chris
      I agree with Steve, the extra snowfall yesterday will have helped out and the conditions at the top of Arinsal will be decent, also if your not taking lessons then Arcalis is the way to go.
      When you arrive at the Palarine ask Graham (owner) if anyone is going to Arcalis and get a place on the hotel mini bus, Dave from behind the bar snowboards so if he's available he will spend the day with you and show you around the Arcalis slopes.
      In my humble opinion you have chosen the best place to stay, the atmosphere in the hotel is great, happy hour between 5-6 is great to catch up with other guests.

Enjoy the stay, we are already looking forward to March when we return :D

Karl