6th December Snowboarding

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6th December Snowboarding

6th December 2012

So after a full day of snowfall yesterday and I mean from waking to going to bed the snow was dumping! The village was covered, cars were struggling and everyone in the village was very giddy 8o
      It was only natural to be up first thing to hit the slopes. What a beautiful day it has been too. Blue skies, sunshine with only a very slight wind early on. Not only were we up early but we were lucky enough to be on the first lift!! That's the first time ever for me I have been on the first chair up to get the first run in. We had to wait 10 minutes for them to open as things were running a little late but no problems with me as there was hardly anyone up and the mountain was looking like it was going to be shared by about ten of us only!

So we ride up on the lift with views below of the untouched mountain knowing we will be the first ones down..... Having chosen to take my board out today ready to hit the powder I quickly strapped in at the top and rushed off into the untouched snow.... I must have got 30 meters before I hit the deck :pinch: Haha it took me a few minutes to get up as the snow was so deep! Then for the rest of the morning rode fresh lines down the mountain in the sun. What a start to the season :thumbsup:

For the begining of December the conditions are unbelievable. The snow is light powder the pistes are quiet and everyone is on a general high and buzz about this season going to be a great one. There is not really much more one could ask for at the minute, more snow is due at the weekend.....again. So I guess this years Christmas list will just be the New coat, helmet, goggles, gloves, sunglasses and of course....more socks.

:P Hayley