Arinsal or La Massana

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arinsal or La Massana

Hi Guys,

Me and my good lady are going to book a holiday to Andorra in December this year.

She is a beginner, but I am intermediate at skiing. Because of this, we will be snowboarding for the first time so we are both at the same standard!!!

I have one question......which resort would be better for beginners- Arinsal or La Massana? We have found good deals in both resorts, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fingers crossed for buckets of snow! :thumbsup:

Rich
    • Hi Rich

The areas are linked by a cable car so I'd say Arinsal all the way, mainly because it's a holiday resort rather than a town, so once you're finished on the slopes you've got plenty of apres to go at, plus there will be English speaking lesson groups in Arinsal rather than usually mixed languages in Pal (the La Massana ski area).

Just ask if you have any other questions.

Steve
    • I'd definately second tha opinion! La Massana is quite an ugly town really. Arinsal is much more picturesque, has much more going on and being that bit higher you are more likely to have snow in the village. The slopes at Arinsal are also much wider and gentle than those at Pal, far more learner friendly. That's not to say that pal is no good for learners, it is. It's just that Arinsal is one of the most learner friendly resorts in Europe. As Steve mentioned there is the added bonus of of many of instructors actually being English in Arinsal, which you don't get so much in Pal. Even for intermediates and advanced skiers, I'd always recommend basing yourlself in Arinsal, as access to the other resorts is so easy. Have a good holiday!