Urgent. Flying out on monday but worried about shoes.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Urgent. Flying out on monday but worried about shoes.

hi I am flying out this monday (19th dec !!) ..

hotel booked and ski tutor and equipment...

I am worried about what shoes to bring along. Im assuming i only need shoes to walk around outside to get to maybe a resatruant and mainly the skiing place to put on my equipment and to try skiing for the firs time in my life ...for 6 days.

I am taking a pair of nice shoes to wear inside the hotel.
      I am also planning to take a pair of hiking shoes which i will wear outside to get to the skii resort and such. Is that fine?! I dont know if i need proper proper snow boots or whatever... urgent!!

thanks
    • Hiking boots will be fine. I take my snowboard boots for when I am on the slopes, apart from that, just trainers. I used to take shoes/shirts etc but Arinsal is really laid back. If you are skiing you may prefer to leave your ski boots in a locker by the gondola and walk in your hiking boots. I am sure you will have a great time, I am going on the 2nd January & I am made up that the snow has finally started.
    • I normally just take my walking boots and thick socks ...
      With the snow at this time of year and the temps shouldn't you dont get the slushy snow it tends to just brush off ,
      mind you with the snow they seem to be gettiing out there may be better of with waders lol :D