Hotel Marvel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hotel Marvel

I stayed at the Hotel Marvel over the February half term week with 3 children. Good points include, the location (it is close to the St Moritz shop and the gondola). The food was well made and varied. The facilities included a small swimming pool, games room, bar. The staff were generally friendly and helpful. Now the downsides. The rooms were small and did not have adequate storage space for clothes (we spent the week using our cases for storage which made the room even more crowded). Meal times were rigidly 8-10 in the morning for breakfast and 8-10 in the evening for dinner. This was a major problem - in the morning breakfast was rushed so we could get to ski school by 9am. In the evening we had to wait 4 hours after having got off the mountain before we could eat - this was tough on the children and therfore tough on me. We ended up snacking to fill the gap. Although there are more positive points than negative ones the meal times issue made a huge impact on our enjoyment of the holiday and so I would not recommend this hotel until this point was addressed. I would also want to see better sized and appointed accommodation for families. :(
    • Accomodation

We have just spent 7 days at half term in the Residencia Daina apartments, self catering. Loads of space for family and luggage, clean, plenty of towels and hot water. Although don't flush toilet or turn on taps when someone is in the shower!!!!!! Kitchen a bit sparce ,only 2 rings on the hob, no oven but microwave with grill. No kettle or toaster but we got by easily. I didn't cook at all in the evenings as we chose deliberately to eat out. Recommend Cisco's and 360 highly. Had continental breakfast most mornings or cereal which was ok if you don't mind UHT milk. We would go back there without question.