Shops in arinsal?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shops in arinsal?

Hi all, It will be our 1st time to arinsal there's a group of 4 of us all bringing our own kit. I have been boarding for 5 years now and well, I have had a magic motion board for all of it ;) you may LOL but it has been a decent board while I was learning and for the cost of it I didn't mind throwing it around. How ever after using it for scotland last year and realising it was getting on a bit I thought this year I would upgrade. But the prices of boards in the Uk are some what silly for something I will use once a year. I was wondering is there any board shops in arinsal and what are the prices like, I'm not after anything made by god and would just like a decent fairly well priced intermediate + board 160 in size. I thought I would come over and buy while there and if not then rent a board instead. I have everything else (ie bindings boots) Just need a good board. Any websites of the local shops would be very helpful, I have checked the rental 1 but couldn't see a buy section. Only a week to go now and I am half tempted to buy a wed'ze board from decathlon as they look fairly good and the guy riding it on there you tube channel certainly makes it look the part. Thank you best regards James, O and happy xmas!! We are there on the 2nd!

Also could any 1 tell me the right price for the lift passes, 4 of us 1st day on the snow 3rd Jan for 6 days, Website says high season 145 euro, I went to book them on arinsal.co.uk and it showed a 168 euro... Will there be any deals when we get there? Thanks!
    • Hi James

Firstly, snowboards... we'll get you a couple of prices in the day couple of days to give you an idea of what to expect. On the discount vouchers page there's a voucher you can print to get 10% off when buying from Sant Moritz.

Next, lift passes... a high season pass is €168 for six days. It's €145 for a five day pass. If you pre-book it's exactly the same price except we bring it to you when you arrive plus you don't have to pay a deposit for it.

Merry Christmas, and we'll let you know about snowboard prices soon.

Steve :thumbup:
    • Hi Steve that's great tyvm, I would be quite allrigbt with a 2nd hand used 1from the rental shop, if it was decent. Sort me a cheap board and I owe you a drink when I get there, we are staying at the at gorthard. Thanks again happy Xmas!!
    • Hi James... been doing some research for you today and it’s been rather good fun shopping for a new board hehe!! But as you can imagine there are so many to choose from and really depends what you want from a board, lots of flex, pop, all round mountain, freestyle....??? Your height, weight and foot size also come into play when choosing a board too.

Here’s a couple of board prices around the 160cm height range to give you an idea:- K2 Snow Movement 158cm €169, K2 Brigade 159cm €229, Salmon Ace Magnum 162cm €240, Nitro Prime 63W 163cm €210. Unfortunately ex rental boards won’t be going on sale until later in the season, around March time.

I would recommend you visit the guys in the Sant Moritz shop, they provide our rental equipement, they really know there stuff and they will be happy to help you choose a board when you arrive in January. Don’t forget as Steve mentioned print the 10% discount vouchers off for extra savings!! Sant Moritz have 5 shop locations here in the village, they opened there latest freestyle shop only yesterday, so lots of boards to choose from.

Give us a bell when you arrive and we’ll be happy to introduce to the Sant Moritz guys.

Happy shopping :)
      Sarah
    • Hey Sarah that's Great thanks loads, I am a 160 size and really I would be after a freestyle board. They certainly sound cheaper than here in the Uk, So I guess I will wait and buy 1 over there on the Sunday we arrive. Are you guys easily located? Do you work there and if so what do you do? Will get you a drink once I have got my board ;) Thanks Again. Happy new year
    • From what I hear, at the moment, with the exchange rate being so KAK you can get some very good deals over here, worth have a googling session to check out some prices. Dont forget to do a quick conversion for a Euro price. i.e if something is 200 Euro, today that is £173 (divide by 1.153 or if the price is in £'s multiply by 1.153 to get Euro's)
    • You're welcome, like I said wasn’t really work!! Yep, I’m based over here in Arinsal, working as a Ski Rep for Arinsal.co.uk, awesome job!! Monday mornings are normally a wee bit crazy with guest’s taking rental equipment out, I would perhaps leaving the shopping to the afternoon, when the guys have more time for you. Here’s a link to our rental shop with great discount arinsal.co.uk/shop/arinsal/

First shop to stop at, I’d suggest is the Sant Moritz store at the top of the mountain, ask for Skippy he knows your coming and will be able to sort you out. I’m sure you’ll see me around... :)
    • Hey again, Without being a pain (im not trying to be lol) Here's a link to a snowboard I really like and would like 1 the same, Ie, Symmetrical sides for freestyle with the curved camber. I'm not really after anything directional with longer sides. Do they have anything like that and at what price. I would prefer to buy from arinsal as you've had a look around for me, I just don't want to turn up and there be nothing within my price range. The board below is a £180

[Blocked Image: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/products-pictures/asset_25279856.jpg]

Easy to "feel" thanks to inverted camber.
      Ease of handling : Twin tip shape for riding in both directions. Centred inserts.
      Versatility : 20% piste, 30% off piste, 50% park, inverted camber for improving freestyle.
      Accuracy / precision : Easy and manoeuvrable, stable and resistant on jump landing.
      Glide performance : Very resistant Isosport® extruded base with stone finishing.
      Anatomic design : 151 cm : 40-70kg, 155 cm : 50-85+kg
    • Hi James, The guys from the Sant Moritz shop got rather excited by your wish list hehe, they definitely have a good selection of boards based around these specifics but.... the prices where a wee bit higher than the £180. I’m not sure where this board is from, it could be cheaper because the design is a few seasons old. My honest suggestion would be come and have a chat with the guys here, you know your budget, what you want and how much you would like to spend, the Sant Moritiz crew will be able to help. Happy shopping :)