Holidays 2010-11 With Arinsal.co.uk

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Holidays 2010-11 With Arinsal.co.uk

Just a quick update to let you know we're able to organise your accommodation in Arinsal for this coming winter. We are completely flexible so it doesn't matter which day you want to arrive, or how many nights you want to stay for.

I've just added a few example prices for Hotel Micolau and Apartments Sant Moritz to the accommodation page. Just complete an enquiry form and we'll get you a price for your requirements.

Steve
    • Hi Steve

Its that time again and I'm pricing up a weeks holiday for around 20th Dec. Your advice about booking DIY (quite a while ago admittedly) certainly got my attention, though if i'm honest it still worries me slightly. :S

Anyway, the reason i'm posting is to ask about prices for hotels. Its just my other half and me, and though the studios 'seem' cheap, by the time you add supplements for underoccupancy they become less reasonable. We stayted at the Poblado apartments last year, and although it was perfectly ok, I would prefer a real bed this time!

Any chance of some sage advice? :thumbsup:
    • Hi Jon!

Looking forward to winter myself as well!! DIY holidays are great because it's so flexible, and you can book flights that don't go at silly times, and if you have private transfers the taxi/minibus will go as soon as you get your bags at the airport! However, if you're happy to go Sunday to Sunday and possibly have to wait for people for transfers etc. then it can work out cheaper to go with a tour operator.

Also, don't forget, if you book in the UK you'll be paying in Pounds, but if you book independently you'll pay in Euros for most of the holiday and now the exchange rate is a lot better you could find you're getting a really good deal.

Let me know how many people are coming and I'll get you some prices.

Steve
    • Thanks Steve.

Its just the two of us and we're not worried about Sun to Sun dates. Its just that the OH is a teacher so we're slaves to the holidays (20 December 2010 to Mon 3 January 2011). In actual fact I'd rather book as late as possible but then we have new year to worry about and the prices really shoot up- Xmas isn't too bad and the bonus is that we don't have all the family arguments about who we're spending it with! Xmas is nice, but i'd rather be skiing!

I did a bit of pricing up and saw a week in Hotel Xalet Verdu for £360 pp (accom, flights and transfers) so we might do something like that and book our ski school and ski hire through your site. That hotel seems to be a bit of a trek to the lift though- a bit different to the Poblado!

As ever, your advice is hugely appreciated. Cheers
    • That sounds like a very good price, and the Xalet Verdu is fairly close to the gondola, although admitedly not as close as the Poblado Apartments! It's ever so slightly further up the hill than the Hotel Princesa Parc so less than a five minute walk.

Just as an example of a DIY holiday ... you can get flights with Easyjet out 19th, return 26th from Luton to Barcelona including 1 suitcase each for £73.98 return per person ... airport transfers with Novatel would be €68 return per person (approx £57) ... and Hotel Micolau just opposite the Sant Moritz hire shop for €262.50 per person B&B (approx £219) ... so total approx £350 per person.

The option I've suggested is B&B so it depends whether the package you have found is B&B or HB as to which works out cheaper. Send me an e-mail off the contact form if you want to book the Hotel Micolau, but either way all the prices for lift passes, school and rentals are now loaded on to our shop no matter which option you choose.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to book.

Steve :thumbup: