What a week

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Firstly Steve, thanks for all the help and advise we got out of you before we flew out on 07/03.
      Secondly, thanks for the weather, What a dump on Monday.
      I started my intermediate snowboard group with Rodrigo (top bloke) in knee deep fresh powder just off the 4 man lift, the 6 man was closed due to avalanche risk, what a blast that was!! he took us slightly off piste and with the fresh snow we were flying down getting covered in massive face shots of pow---wow--- could not have dreamed of a better first day. Les Marrades down to the village was the next to get hammered, cutting the bigger corners dropping into knee deep powder more face shots and falls, nipping through some of the trees. Fantastic.

My wife, her first time up a mountain on skis, had a fantastic day as well. She didn't get the powder thing, it was her first time, she said it just made it harder for her, but on the Tuesday after a good grooming the pistes were in fantastic condition and she was starting to progress by Wednesday John (nice old Scottish bloke) had her turning plough to parallel and keeping parallel in between turns and she is now starting to enjoy skiing, she is seeing loads of progress and is felling good about herself. By the end of her lesson on Thursday, she didn't say it but I knew she was starting to get hooked!!!!!, she wanted to go off the the ladies from her group who were at the same level for her afternoon play and left me with the little feller.

The little feller, my 6 year old , he was booked into intermediate kids with Andreas (another top bloke). Jamie started the week with good snowplough control, able to stop on the hill and follow another person and instructions, by the end of day three Andreas had them skiing parallel
      down the reds at terminal velocity..
      Now with a nick name of the missile it was now impossible for me to keep up with him on a snowboard, on skis I could just about manage it, but the confidence and skill he has gained in just one week is beyond any expectation.

We stayed at the Sant Andreau, very clean and tidy and good food, Simon and staff all incredibly nice and helpful. Our room was up at the top of the hotel with a fantastic view of the village and mountains in the distance. It was a bit of a hike up the hill at he end of the day, bit with a little liquid encouragement and a freshly BBQ'd hot dog from El Moli's the pain was taken away a little.

I can, hand on heart, safely say, that my wife and son have been bitten by the bug and a lot more future ski holidays have now been secured.
      Once again thanks for the help, advice and answers to many silly questions that made this holiday run so smoothly.
      ricfrench
      :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • Have to agree about Rodrigo. We had him for our beginner's snowboarding lessons from 1st - 5th March. You couldn't meet a nicer bloke and he even put up with my tantrum/tourettes outburst when I had a particulaly bad afternoon! :)

Seems like we left just at the wrong time, snow-wise though...D'oh!
    • Couldn't believe our luck with the weather, massive snow on Monday, very windy Tuesday blue sky the rest of the week. Rodrigo, on the second day had quite a large group of intermediates, we went to the top of the drag lift, as the four man wasn't open yet, told us to go off round to the left (black run). One of our group then carried on down what is essentially a 6 foot(ish) drop into a deep powdered black, after several cart wheels and a head landing, Rodrigo calmly goes down to him and says "I'm better than you, thats why I'm the instructor and why I go first", "by the way are you OK". After that one we all let him go first and looked carefully at what we were being sent down :wacko:
      THAT POWDER DAY WAS FANTASTIC
      sorry to keep on about it :thumbup: