first timers questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• first timers questions

first time for us and wifey is getting stressed,first day on slope do you go to top on gondola to ski school/hire shop at top to get your pre booked rental stuff ? she worried about boots and shoes
      paul
    • Hi Paul

It depends on who you have hired your gear with as to where you collect it from. Most shops are at the top of the gondola but some are in the village - let me know who you've booked with and I'll let you know.

Ski school is at the top of the gondola, and complete beginners meet just to the right hand side when you get off at the top on the flat area past the top of the six-man chair lift up from the Crest hotel. There will be lots of holiday reps and ski instructors around on Monday morning to help make sure you're in the right place!

Steve
    • ski hire shops

Hi Steve,

Can i say before i start that this site is just brilliant. Everything you need to know you can find out here. I have been watching here for the last few months.

I have a question similar to Pauls. We are coming out next Sunday (14th) and was wondering about the ski hire too. We are staying at the St Gothard hotel and probably won't arrive until after 8ish. We have vouchers for the following shops:
      Esport Sant Moritz
      Esport Pic Negre
      5150 Shops
      Esqui y Montana Rocosa
      Ordino

Which shop would you recommend for convenience to the lift up and we have two kids with us also. Only the kids have the ski packs booked and my wife and I have to book our ski hire yet? Would it be better if i book the ski hire online before i go?

Do you know what time of the day the lessons are? Also are any of the ski hire shops open late on sunday to save us time on the Monday morning?

I know I'm asking a lot but you seem to be the guy to ask?

cheers,
      Mark
    • hi mark were there next Sunday as well and on a late flight from Manchester got this from the guide we have, might help you out as would think times are the same
      Ski School is 15 hours running over 5 days, Monday – Friday.
      Monday – 10am – 12pm then 2pm – 4pm
      Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 9.30am – 12pm
      Friday – 9.30am – 12.00pm the 4pm – 5pm
      Hope it helps and i agree its a good site nice one steve
      Paul
    • Ok, first to answer Paul's question about rentals, if you've booked with Crystal and staying at the Hotel Palarine you'll collect your gear from the Sant Moritz shop in the centre of the village.

Next, thanks for the great feedback Mark, we try our best to give as much help and info as possible!

About your rentals, the closest shop to the hotel is a small Pic Negre shop but it's kind of not really close to either the slopes or your hotel. You're better off with either the Sant Moritz shop in the village centre or on the slopes, the Pic Negre shop in the village centre or on the slopes, or at 5150 which is in the village centre.

If you pre-book on here you'll get 30% off the resort price and collect your gear from any of the Sant Moritz shops. We e-mail you a voucher which you print and give in at the shop.

Finally, about the lessons, your guide is a bit out of date because the school times changed this season. The correct times can be found on the 'Tuition' page on the 'Mountain' menu. If you need any lessons you can book group school on our online shop, and private lessons via e-mail.

As for the hire shops, the ones on the slopes close at 17:00 and the ones in the village close at either 19:00 or 20:00 depending on the shop. They open at 08:00 Monday morning.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
    • thanks steve,
      Now wife will be able to get some sleep as i will have to go back to hotel with shoes.she was concerned that if we got them from the top we would have to put them in a locker.
      Will we be allocated ski school times or can we request as we prefer the early shift.I am usually up at 6 in morning.
      Paul
    • Thomson are in the early shift for lessons.

It's up to you about lockers. Even if you get your skis from the town you can take them up and store them in a locker at the top (€54 for the week) and walk up and down in your shoes, then you can leave your shoes in the locker during the day. Alternatively you can take everything back to the hotel with you.
    • Marsmy,

The St Gothard is great, we stayed there 17th - 24th, don't be put off by the reviews that moan about the hill, its not that bad plus the ski bus is free. The food's good, the rooms are good, yes you can sometimes hear people in the corridors but not every night as some lead you to believe.

We thoroughly enjoyed Andorra and the St Gothard, I don't think we've ever ski'd in a place where you are made to feel so welcome. Even the lift operators say hello! We want to return next year (fingers crossed).

Also, your user name.... Were you on Serre Chevalier forums last year, it rings a bell?

Enjoy Andorra it rocks, this site, as previously pointed out is brilliant.