Freestyle park

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Freestyle park

Anyone here use or has used the freestyle park in Arinsal? It's another thing on this year's "bucket list" for us! We've had a dabble on the ramps and rails at the dry slope (bruises still present to prove it :wacko: ) but nothing more. Are there some noobie bits at the park or is it off limits to all but the best twin tip wielding maniacs?! I saw somewhere that the half pipe's gone and it's all been re-done this year.

Oh - and 3 days 19 hours to go - Rock on!! 8o
      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    • Yeah, the half pipe has gone this year - it was never that well maintained so never really any good.

The park this year has quite a few kickers down the left which get bigger the further down you get, so it breaks you in 'gently'. Down the right are boxes and rails with some which are wider for beginners.

It's definately worth a look at, and if you're nervous pop in to the school and ask for an instructor to take you in the park for an hour.
    • Hi there,

I'm also interested in having a go in the freestyle park but am a complete beginner when it comes to jumps and rails. Where exactly is the school and roughly how much do you think an instructor will charge to take me and my friend into the park for an hour to show us the ropes?

Cheers,
      Claire
    • Claire, save your money, watch us three dipsticks balls it up completely, just enough to put you off, then carry on with sensible skiing, which we'll proabably be too injured to do! :wacko:

But if you really insist, lesson rates from the Vallnord website:
      Rates for individual classes:
      Low season High season
      1 or 2 people 38,00 € 40,50 €
      3 or 4 people 43,00 € 47,00 €
      5 or 6 people 53,50 € 58,50 €
      The school is at the main base station at the top of the gondola.

Ryan
    • Ah it's not too bad really, just don't think about it too much. I've only messed about on the kickers for a couple of hours at the dry slope so far so definitely in line for some coaching! The bloody grind rails were the worst thing - got bruises in places I didn't know I had places!!
    • ryanh1418
      I assume you ski, by the middle of the piste comment, don't you do turns? :whistling: , as boarders we like to give planks a bit of a slalom challenge and use ourselves as gates, there is nothing nicer than climbing out of your snowball only to have a nice big fat pair of twin tips glide effortlessly over your freshly powdered head :thumbsup:nice
      If I find a pair of (go)nads hanging off the end of a grind rail can i assume they will be yours then?lmfao :D :D :D
      dolly_bobbin
      Sorry didn't know you were a boarder that changes everything, now I have somewhere to park my skis :thumbsup:
    • Mate, if the worst injury I get is to leave my tabs on a grind rail I'll consider it a great success but will obviously have to try harder next year!

But yeah we're off Friday morning, flying at 4pm from Stanstead and driving in from Barcelona so first day on the slopes will be Saturday. Taking camcorder and headcam this year so if you're lucky you'll get a review AND a movie to go with it - how lucky are you?! 8o
    • ryanh1418, re the inflatable mattress. There didn't seem to be one available in Arinsal/Pal when we were there last week. However, depending on which T/O you go with you can get a trip over to Grandvilara for about €10, we did this (through Crystal) and if you find the main El Tartet? gondala there is a ski/board park almost immediately off it with the inflatable pillow for practising your air moves on. (Not that we indulged in it, I like my ski's firmly on the ground......when not on lifts of course).