Pic Alt de la Capa - Black run

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pic Alt de la Capa - Black run

Hey people, just wondering if anyone here has skied the La Capa black run in Arinsal. I've never seen anyone ski it and haven't been good [stupid?] enough to try it myself but our group's progresseed quite a bit (hopefully in ability not just confidence!) and we're beginning to think we might give it a crack. Haven't done a black run before and was kind of wondering what to expect, as in is it a reall ball breaker or could you call it a 'difficult red' that's just been stuck on the map as a black run? We climbed/walked to the top in the summer on a motorbike trip so it'd be nice to have conquered it in both seasons.

Heading out Friday 29th for a week and can't wait! Glad to read there's been a bit more snow this week.

Ryan
      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    • Hi Ryan

That's a great question! Yes, it's a real black run, and it's a challenging slope! Personally I think it looks a lot worse as you're looking at it from the Coma chairlift, but once you're at the top it doesn't look as long or steep.

Basically it's up to you whether you think you're capable, but it if any doubt you could always get an instructor to take you down it.

Steve
    • Did this run last year. Was a little icy and had to work quite hard as I was skiing in blades. great fun all the same. The scariest part was the top as it felt like it was dropping in steep. Just ski across the mountain and leave time and room for others skiing with you. Enjoy, on your own head be it.
      AF