Christmas in resort

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Christmas in resort

Hi, I am in Arinsal this christmas, and I my parents have asked me to ask you guys if their are closures etc. on Xmas eve/day of the resort or amenities and if there are any nice things to do in the villages, or any places you recommend eating on Xmas day/eve?

Also, is the candlelit descent organised by the travel companies, and if so, are we able to take part - I did it last year in France and it was amazing. Does anybody know what Neilson/Thomas Cook's activities in-resort are?

Cheers,

Lewis :thumbsup:
    • Hi Lewis

All the mountain services are open as usual on Christmas day as that's why most people come. Ski shops will be open too, but other shops/supermarkets usually close for Christmas day.

As for restaurants, most will do a special Christmas lunch or dinner. The Sant Andreu are known for their British dinners and always proves popular. I'll have their menu up on the restaurants page in the next day or so, but booking is essential there.

The torchlight descent is usually on a Thursday evening up on the slopes, and the event is called Arinsal by Night - you go sledging, have a bit to eat, some hot wine, then watch the descent, however it's just instructors that take part. When you arrive just ask your Neilson rep and they'll book you on.

Let me know if you/your parents have any other questions.

Steve