Arinsal opening delayed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arinsal opening delayed

I saw this news story a while ago on another forum- surprised theres no mention of it on here. Can anyone shed any more light on this or provide an update cos i'm getting a bit jittery about the snow around Xmas. :S

"Both vallnord and GrandValira due to open 28th November now scheduled to open 4th and 5th of December respectively"

nevasport.com/noticias/d/18068…dvalira-esperara-al-dia-5

You'll have to copy and paste- i don't know how to link.

Also, are the snow cannons firing? It seems to be cold enough now but every weather report tells a different story!! ?(
    • Hi Jon

Yes, that's right ... opening has been delayed for a week or until there's enough snow to open. It's not really a big issue and no snow in November is quite normal. The snow cannons were on a week or so ago, but aren't on at the moment until it's going to be consistently cold.

The past few nights have been getting colder, but it's just a waiting game. There's a big Spanish holiday from the 6th of December so they'll try to get open for then.

Steve
    • HI Steve

Thanks for the update. As i said in my earlier post, every snow/ weather report tells a different story, so whats the situation there? Are you getting any little flurries to tease us with? J2ski say 6cm in the next 48 hours so its a start. :thumbup:

I'm sitting at home watching the Lake Louise downhill wishing i was there with all the white stuff they have at the moment!!!! Over 4m in Whistler!!!