Chairlifts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello there...

Myself and some friends have booked to go Arinsal first week of Jan 2010. Most of us been before, but a few novice. We are staying at the hotel Patagonia with Neilson. Can you ski back to the hotel at the end of the day? Obviously snow permitting, what if there's not enough snow coverage there, can we take the chairlift down to the hotel? or do we have to the gondola back into town and walk back?

Also, how far is the walk into town?

Another question. what times are the beginner lessons and immediate lessons? are they all based in arinsal? we would like to organise a group trip to arcalis at some point of trip.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Mai
    • Hi Mai

Welcome to the forum!

There is a run called Les Marrades that goes to just by the Patagonia. It's actually had a facelift over the summer, plus snow cannons added, so weather permitting it should be open, and this season with the added snow making it should be in better condition throughout the season. Alternatively, you can just ride the chairlift back down either with your skis on or off.

The walk down to town takes about 10 - 12 minutes, and maybe a little longer to walk back up!

The times of your lessons depends on your tour operator. In previous seasons Neilson have had afternoon slots which are Monday 12-2 & 4-5, then Tuesday - Friday 12-3. Beginners and intermediates are at the same time. If you've not already booked you lessons, from October you'll be able to book on here and choose either morning or afternoon time slots.

There is a free bus that goes from Arinsal to Arcalis twice daily. It goes from just by the Patagonia, also stopping in the village centre. Also, last year Neilson ran an organised trip where a rep goes on the coach with you and lunch is included. Your holiday rep will be able to get you booked on that at your welcome meeting.

If you have any more questions get them posted on here and we'll try our best to help!

Steve :)
    • Thanks Steve. Very helpful and useful information- appreciated. That's good news so we can take the short way home, I really don't like walking with all the gear on. What's the best site for webcams too?

I cannot wait!! :)
    • No worries! :thumbup:

As for webcams, we've got two on our weather page. They have been off for most of the summer, but the Pal webcam is now back on, and the Arinsal webcam should be back on in a few weeks. Once the mountain is open on November 28th I'll also be updating the snow report regularly.

Steve