First time in 12 years- 138 days to go!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First time in 12 years- 138 days to go!!

Today I booked a Xmas week package in Arinsal- Poblado Apartments. I've not skied in 12 years and my girlfriend has only ever got as far as dry slopes- we're sooo excited!

I've read other peoples' posts about Xmas in Arinsal which were very helpful- thanks! What sort of snow can we expect? We had to go for this week due to school hols (other half's a teacher) and we're away in Feb. As i said, we're excited but now I'm terrified there will be no snow (it happened to me once years ago!) Still i see there are quite a few cannons- i hope that comment doesn't come back to haunt me.

I know this is quite a pointless post but at least i can make up for it by saying that your site is great and i can't wait to check out some of the bars and restaurants you mention.

Cheers :thumbsup:
    • Hi Clipper

First of all, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

As for Christmas week, it's always good fun in the village! Last year we had plenty of snow for Christmas week, they even opened the resort a couple of weeks early! Don't worry about the weather because, as you rightly said, they have loads of snow cannons to help get the runs ready if it's a bit short.

If you're coming out with your family I'm sure the kids will love it as there's a always a Santa around, and look out for parties kicking off around the village, plus all the bars are family friendly!

If you've any questions please post away, and when it gets to mountain opening I'll be updating the snow report and uploading the latest photos.

Best Regards

Steve :thumbup:
    • Thanks for the info Steve

I've been resisting coming onto this site because I'm getting too excited- just can't wait for Xmas in Arinsal!

Having read quite a few of the posts on this forum, you seem to be able to organise most things in Arinsal so if you could just arrange a nice lot of snow for us I'd be most grateful! :D

Cheers :thumbsup: