The Crest Aparthotel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Crest Aparthotel

We stayed here 22nd March 2009 for 7 days.

1st impressions were good, It was next to the chair lift most important thing!! and also the only blue run down to the resort. although the blue run is not for the feint hearted!! It is quite narrow, zig zaggy and icy as its shaded most of the day.
      [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/surfer_chicky1/Arinsal%202009/280209_0191.jpg]
      Hotel itself was nice and friendly, reception was quick to allocate keys and explain everything.

We had a 2-4 person studio for 2 of us and we had a choice of rooms to sleep in. For us it was massive, but if there were 4 of you it would be a squeeze. We had 4 rooms as a group, the other rooms were pretty much identical with 3 people sharing and they were more then happy with them. In the middle you get a fridge and a sink as well as a big bathroom.
      The food in the hotel was ok if you liked chips! everything was with chips. The last night we had a choice of potatoes which was exciting by that point but quickly dissapointed when the mash was infact smash (powdered potatoe) yuck! and the croquets were grim! so chips again then!!! The soup, hmmm some nights it was ok but most nights it looked like discoloured water with a greasy film on top and tasted pretty horrible. there was enough choice not to starve, 1 night I struggled with the food but the other nights it was fine.
      The hotel probably has the cheapest bar in the resort!! 2.50 for a large beer so we were happy, the shorts were expensive 4 euros plus 1.50 for a coke with it. You could by a bottle in the shops for 6 euros and drink that in the hotel lounge.
      The town itself is quite a walk away, We managed 2 nights out, bar crawl night and 70's night. Obviously by the time you need to walk back up the hill you are so drunk you don't even notice lol!! most of the time we were so tired from being out all day, the lovely fire in the hotel lounge was just to good to leave!!

[Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/surfer_chicky1/Arinsal%202009/230209_0295.jpg]
      The white stuff!!
      Arinsal side is quite small, I kept getting told of by the lift operator on the 4 man lift at the top on the 1st day as for some reason I kept falling over (miserable git) on the saturday it was really busy and they decided to shut half the mountain off for an empty slalom run!! so the blue and school area was too busy and you for ever looking around for skiers hammering it down and learners let loose after a week of ski school which made the combination quite a scary experience. A few times I put my arms across my face as Im sure I was about to get hit!!
      Pal is slightly bigger and we spent a few days over there although as snowboarders we struggled to get right over the other side as the blue run linking all the slopes together was a tad flat so we would give up and drop of the side.
      [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/surfer_chicky1/Arinsal%202009/260209_0227.jpg]
      Arcalis, what an awesome resort we went over on the Tuesday and Thursday. On the Tuesday it was dead we pretty much had the whole mountain to ourselfs it was great. We didn't even have to fight for the bus home at 4.30 either.
      On the Thursday what a diffrent story we got the 8.30 bus which by the time we had got to Pal was full. Again the slopes were quiet as it was a big place. When we got back down to bus stop for 4.15 it was packed!!! The bus ended up leaving people there!! It was carnege getting on the bus, my OH put out boards on whilst I found a seat. There was no order at all cause we were last off the bus we wanted all our stuff at the bottom its our own gear and didn't want it dinged up by rental skis, sticks and boots! so it was a nightmare. Why skiers couldn't take there boots and sticks on the bus with em was beyond me. So after that we gave it a miss for friday and saturday.

Id recommend the place to beginners and just intermediates but I think good intermediates/experts would get bored quickly we pretty much did most of the runs in Pal/Arinsal in the 1st day, and Arcalis in 1 day.
      As much as I enjoyed it, Soldeu is still the best resort in Andorra.
    • Room Numbers with a View to the Ski Lift + Bottom of Slopes ?

Hi,

I booked Hotel Crest specifically asking for one of the rooms overlooking the side of the mountain where the slope ends + the chairlift is.

She speaks very good english but I'm a little concerned that some of it got lost in translation.

Apparently we are booked into Rooms 407 & 408 on 1st floor

Would anyone know from visiting the Hotel Crest what view these rooms would have.

Appreciate if someone could advise.