Euros/ Changing money in Arinsal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Euros/ Changing money in Arinsal

Steve,

I was just wondering whether you would advise changing my money over in arinsal (if the bank does foreign exchange), or whether you'd advise changing before I come out. The exchange rate is awful here, like everywhere else, and someone I know said it can sometimes pay to carry sterling out and change once abroad.

Cheers,

Andy
    • Not sure about the cash, but if you use a credit card the exchange rate is usally better than the rate the banks use for cash currency. just check there is no charge for using cr card abroad. I think Post Office and nationwide are free to use abroad.

I did not have to pay a deposit for the pass this year. last year it was 3 euros. The cards are not chipped they have smooth edges :D

photos are NOT needed.

AF
    • You have to pay a deposit if you book lift passes directly with the mountain, but not if you book them in advance with Arinsal.co.uk. As for changing money, there is one bank in Arinsal, Credit Andorra, and they usually are the best place to change money in the village.